press left mouse button really hard

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
thufana
New User

press left mouse button really hard

Post by thufana »

Have to press left mouse button really hard to get it to work? The last few days, I've had to press the left mouse button really hard in order to get it to work. The right mouse button is fine and only requires the usual amount of force. Anyone know what the problem could be and how to fix it?
XpanD
New User

Re: press left mouse button really hard

Post by XpanD »

Might be a switch that has gone bad below the left mouse button. I've had it happen several times (Logitech M570 trackballs, known issue with the scroll wheel), and usually warranty is the way to go. I did manage to solder in a new switch once (which worked!), but it came off after a while as I could not get a tight fit with the tools I had at hand.

If the mouse has some extra keys (and they'd make sense ergonomically), see if XMBC can rebind another key to be the left mouse button. If that doesn't work adequately, consider using your warranty (if any) or getting a new mouse entirely.