Copying into clipboard only with selecting with mouse

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
jezisek
New User

Copying into clipboard only with selecting with mouse

Post by jezisek »

Hi, is it possible to set XMouse Button Control to be able to copy text into windows clipboard (CTRL-C) automatically only with selecting (with left button) of text by mouse? This simple behaviour I am searching for. In past I used this SW on Windows XP which was perfect but in Windows 7 it is not working: http://fy.chalmers.se/~appro/nt/TXMouse/
phil
Site Admin

Re: Copying into clipboard only with selecting with mouse

Post by phil »

no this is not possible. There are other programs that do this, but not XMBC I'm afraid.
Making a selection does not trigger any mouse messages, XMBC would need to hook into a completely different set of messages (to do with text selection) and that would cause rather a lot of extra effort and bloat!

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
jezisek
New User

Post by jezisek »

Thanks Phil for your comment. I am searching such as this program for 2 day which will work in Windows 7 and I didn´t find it :-( If possible, send me the name of this program which works as I need. Thank you so much!
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Sorry I was only making wild assumptions about the availability of such a program based on other peoples comments. It may well be that it was the one you found that does not work for Windows 7. I'll try and have a look, but my guess is that if you haven't found a win7 option them maybe I'm wrong and there isn't something quite so easy.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)