I want to use a keyboard key question.

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Rikomi
New User

I want to use a keyboard key question.

Post by Rikomi »

Im playing Dota 2, so I mapped Right Button: Middle Click so I can camera drag with Right Click instead of middle mouse button. It works, awesome but I want to map the Right Click I lost now to a keyboard key. So say I want the F key to be Right Click, so F: Right Click

How would I go about doing that. I only see Mouse Button options. I know this program has Simulated Keys, but I canèt figure out a way to use the keyboard key as a register for the Right Click, instead of the other way around. Namsayin
phil
Site Admin

Re: I want to use a keyboard key question.

Post by phil »

Simulated keys is to press a key (or a sequence of keys) when you click a mouse button.
The clue is in the name, XMouse Button Control is for controlling (configuring) mouse buttons, not keyboards.

I suggest you look at a program like Autohotkey if you want to make a key send a mouse click.

Sorry!
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
Rikomi
New User

Post by Rikomi »

Darn that stinks, I tried that program but I dont know how to script so I couldn't make h press right click.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Sorry about that :(
The autohotkey forums are probably going to be quite useful, there are loads of people using it!
Another option might be event ghost - its probably easier, but I dont know if it will do that.

Good luck,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)