Double click action mapping doesn't work in some apps.

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
vitalyx
New User

Double click action mapping doesn't work in some apps.

Post by vitalyx »

Hi Phillip!

First of all, thanks a lot for this tool, it's super handy! Even though I use it for just one feature, its major strength, in my opinion, lies in that it works with any mouse and so you don't have to deal with things like drivers and custom software. Pick any mouse you want and XMBC will work with it the same way it did with your previous mouse. It's just hassle free! :)

One thing I noticed though is that IntelliJ IDEA (a very popular IDE) stopped recognizing a click on the Forward side-button as a double click (which is what my mapping for this button in XMBC is). I'm sure this is IntelliJ IDEA's issue. But, I guess, they simply won't listen to "your IDE stopped recognizing the double click action that XMBC emulates" :) Especially because actual double click continues to work just fine and hardware emulated double click on my mouse does as well.

What's interesting is that XMBC emulated double click stopped working in the project views of IntelliJ IDEA, e.g. when you try to open a file in code view, but still works in code views (selecting words works just fine).

I you could look into it and maybe provide an alternative way of double click emulation, I'd really appreciate that.

Thanks,
Vitaly
phil
Site Admin

Re: Double click action mapping doesn't work in some apps.

Post by phil »

I would guess that its due to timing, they may be filtering out the double click as being too quick.
The good news is that you can test this using Simulated Keystrokes....

Setup the button to send simulated keystroke, select the action "as button is pressed" or "as button is released"
Type the following into the text box:
{lmb}{waismt:50}{lmb}

See if that works, and if not, try changing the delay of 50 (up or down) and see if you can make it work. Then tell me what your using. If I recall correctly (I don't have the code in front of me) XMBC does exactly that behind the scenes when you choose "double click" in the dropdown.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
vitalyx
New User

Re: Double click action mapping doesn't work in some apps.

Post by vitalyx »

Wow! That worked wonders!! Thanks a lot!
I used the config you provided (50ms delay) and it worked. :D