LCDSmartie

My x64 port of InpOut32
phil
Site Admin

LCDSmartie

Post by phil »

Good news, LCDSmartie has been updated, and the final verison 5.3.2 has been released, and includes direct support for my x64 port of InpOut32.dll

See the LCDSmartie release notes and homepage for more information....

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
mjc6957
New User

VFD inop thru PCI LPT

Post by mjc6957 »

Phil - thanks for what sounds to be tireless pursuit to provide this funtionality. I am an idiot when it somes to installing anything other than setup.exe files, so please forgive my stupid questions. :?

I have a Vista64 system with a Hitachi parallel port VFD - being an idiot, I bought a MB without a parallel port, so had to add one thru a PCI card. Is there any hope of seeing my VFD work again?

I've downloaded the latest LCD Smartie, your InpOut32WinRing0 stub DLLs, and the WinRing0 files. I've unzipped all the files and copied them into the folder with the LCD Smartie EXE (and also the Windows and WOW64 folders). Should I be doing something else to \"install\" them? Do I need to remove/rename any other existing files? Do I need some other application also installed?

LCD Smartie works fine on the desktop, but no VFD display - even if I change the address from LPT1 to the $xxx code for the port from device manager. Any suggestions?
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Sorry to inform you but InpOut (any version) does not work with parallel or USB PCI ports. The reason being they don't use the old fashioned address (ports) and instead use virtual addresses.

InpOut can only read and write the old fashioned addresses.

The only way that I know of for it to work with a PCI/USB parallel port would be to write a driver for that specific hardware which is not likely to happen.

I did the same thing, I got a new MB without a parallel port - I didn't even realise until a few months later I went to plug in my LCD to test InpOut - I tend to use USB LCD panels these days so it wasn't really a problem for me!.

Sorry,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
mjc6957
New User

Post by mjc6957 »

alright then :( thanks for the assistance regardless