XMBC 2.6 Beta

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Dwarden
New User

Re: XMBC 2.6 Beta

Post by Dwarden »

I noticed that on Windows 7 x64 SP1 the Xmouse service is gone (from service list) after I installed the 2.6 betas

is that normal ?
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Have you not read ANY of the change logs?
I thought I have clearly said that the service was removed in 2.6B2 in this thread, and in the change log installed with XMBC!

The service is no more!
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
duzers
New User

Post by duzers »

1. When I simulating {pageup} and {pagedown} XMBC do this double time (with XMBC 2.5 it is ok)
2. I have problem with "flashing" many elements of Windows when mouse is above some programs (XMBC 2.5 and 2.6beta)

Regards
gate1975mlm

Post by gate1975mlm »

The icon for XMBC keeps reappearing in the system tray when I restart my computer.

Hopefully this can be fixed?
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

The icon should appear every time you run XMBC, unless you ticked the box to hide it in settings. You have not said that you have ticked the box. You also haven't said which version your using.

I presume your using the latest beta as you have posted here but please, if your going to report an issue, read the rules and give the required information else it will likely be ignored.

Assuming you have ticked the "hide icon" then this is what is supposed to happen....
  • The first time XMBC runs, the icon should NOT be visible. XMBC should be visible in the running processed (task manager)
  • Running XMBC a second time will then show the icon, and the setup screen but there should still be only one XMBC entry in task manager.
So, are you running XMBC more than once? In old versions prior to 2.6 beta 2, XMBC was launched at startup by a service (on Vista or later) and by a link in the "startup" folder on XP/2003 or older. It is possible that you have either manually added another startup link, or an entry in the RUN section of the registry that is causing launching XMBC to run more that once. Its also possible that in the installation, it has added another link without properly removing the old one.

The log file might be useful to determine this as it lists the XMBC launch and command line arguments. Cant you either PM me the log file or paste a snippet of it in here (in a code block to make it easy to read)?

Remember folks, a beta version is going to have issues, and when reporting them, as much information about your configuration (as described in the forum posting rules) is essential.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

duzers wrote:1. When I simulating {pageup} and {pagedown} XMBC do this double time (with XMBC 2.5 it is ok)
2. I have problem with "flashing" many elements of Windows when mouse is above some programs (XMBC 2.5 and 2.6beta)

Regards
Duzers, can I check what version your running?
Can you also describe how to reproduce this so I can check it?

And what do you mean windows elements are flashing? I've not noticed anything strange in 2.5 or 2.6 in this regard. I think in this case, a little more information would go a long way.
--[ Phil ]--
gate1975mlm

Post by gate1975mlm »

phil wrote:The icon should appear every time you run XMBC, unless you ticked the box to hide it in settings. You have not said that you have ticked the box. You also haven't said which version your using.

I presume your using the latest beta as you have posted here but please, if your going to report an issue, read the rules and give the required information else it will likely be ignored.

Assuming you have ticked the "hide icon" then this is what is supposed to happen....
  • The first time XMBC runs, the icon should NOT be visible. XMBC should be visible in the running processed (task manager)
  • Running XMBC a second time will then show the icon, and the setup screen but there should still be only one XMBC entry in task manager.
So, are you running XMBC more than once? In old versions prior to 2.6 beta 2, XMBC was launched at startup by a service (on Vista or later) and by a link in the "startup" folder on XP/2003 or older. It is possible that you have either manually added another startup link, or an entry in the RUN section of the registry that is causing launching XMBC to run more that once. Its also possible that in the installation, it has added another link without properly removing the old one.

The log file might be useful to determine this as it lists the XMBC launch and command line arguments. Cant you either PM me the log file or paste a snippet of it in here (in a code block to make it easy to read)?

Remember folks, a beta version is going to have issues, and when reporting them, as much information about your configuration (as described in the forum posting rules) is essential.

Thanks,
Phil

Yes I am running the latest beta.

Also what I did was right click on the XMBC icon in the system tray and select "Hide Icon" then when I restart my computer the icons returns at start up.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK, I think that only temporarily hides it (as its always done).
Try going into the main settings, the advanced settings tab and unticking the option "Show tray icon by default"

Let me know if that works :)

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
duzers
New User

Post by duzers »

phil wrote:
duzers wrote:1. When I simulating {pageup} and {pagedown} XMBC do this double time (with XMBC 2.5 it is ok)

Regards
Duzers, can I check what version your running?
Can you also describe how to reproduce this so I can check it?

And what do you mean windows elements are flashing? I've not noticed anything strange in 2.5 or 2.6 in this regard. I think in this case, a little more information would go a long way.
I use XMBC 2.6beta5, Windows 8 x64

Flashing: http://www.screencast.com/t/80qIRRLFfNbJ
There is the Descaler and same program. It flashing with uTorrent, too.
Same time it is taskbar of Windows.

Simulated Keys for double skip:
Profit Default:
Mouse Button 4: Simulated Keys (repeat) {PGUP}, option 6, auto repeat delay 200
Mouse Button 5: Simulated Keys (repeat) {PGDN}, option 6, auto repeat delay 200
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK Thanks, I'll take a look. Just out of interest, if you disable "Enable profile switching on mouse move" (advanced settings) OR "scroll window under the cursor" does it stop flickering? It will be useful to know where to look - especially as it does not do it here.

What specs (CPU) all my machines are quite high (also Win 8 x64), its possible that's why I dont notice!

I know the code for profile switching as mouse moves is quite heavy to reliably work out which window the cursor is over, but it shouldnt be causing any redraw (which would cause flicker).

I'll look into the other things too when I get a moment.

Thanks.
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
duzers
New User

Post by duzers »

One note. It flickering if one of programs have profil in XMBC.

I disable "Enable profile switching on mouse move" and not flickering.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK Thanks... That might be why I'm not noticing it so much I guess
--[ Phil ]--
Dwarden
New User

Post by Dwarden »

phil wrote:Have you not read ANY of the change logs?
I thought I have clearly said that the service was removed in 2.6B2 in this thread, and in the change log installed with XMBC!

The service is no more!
i actually missed that line ... sorry :cry: :roll:
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Well then I clearly didn't make it as obvious as I thought :) hehe.
Nevermind how are you getting on without the service? things still working?
--[ Phil ]--
gate1975mlm

Post by gate1975mlm »

phil wrote:OK, I think that only temporarily hides it (as its always done).
Try going into the main settings, the advanced settings tab and unticking the option "Show tray icon by default"

Let me know if that works :)

Thanks,
Phil

Unchecking that fixed it :)

Thanks