Can XMouse help with remote control pc software?

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
liammc
New User

Can XMouse help with remote control pc software?

Post by liammc »

Hi

I use an trading application in work which utilises my 5 button mouse scroll wheel and 4/5 buttons. ( I have intellisense explorer 3.0, windows 7 ultimate machine in work).

In the evenings I access my work machine, using remote control software (NetOp), using Windows XP.

Before I upgraded my Work machine to Windows7, my 5 button mouse features of the trading application worked perfectly remotely.

Now over Netop Remote Control, it doesnt recognise the 4/5 or scroll wheel functionality. (At home I have a Intellliesense Explorer 4 5-btn mouse also).

Can anyone tell me if XMouse can help me with getting this functionality going, or does anyone know a away round it?

Thanks

Liam
phil
Site Admin

Re: Can XMouse help with remote control pc software?

Post by phil »

Hi Liam,

Im guessing that the remote control software is probably the issue here. Are you running XMBC on the work (remote) computer or the local computer?

I'm not familiar with NetOP, is it free? If so maybe I can try it out myself as I have windows 7 pretty much everywhere now.

I use XMBC with Remote Desktop (and with VNC but I'm fairly sure VNC does not send the 4th and 5th mouse buttons so that is never going to work). With remote desktop, XMBC needs to be on the remote machine to remap the buttons on that remote machine if I recall correctly but that is not a problem for me as I can install whatever I want on my work PC (so long as its legal lol).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
liammc
New User

Post by liammc »

Hi Phil

Thanks for getting back to me. I am running XMBC on the work (host) machine.

Netop Remote Control is the software - they will give you a 30 day free trial (http://www.netop.com/).

This 5 button functionality worked via netop until I got the new windows7 work machine (surprise, surprise!).
I have talked with Netop support, they have some working installs XP to Windows 7, with 5 button functionality working.

As a side point, I did a test with MSoft Remote Desktop, to access my work machine and the 5 button functionality worked fine.

So I guess, can I assume its an issue with Netop?

Kind of stuck now, as the software I use the 5 button mouse with (remotely), has functionality which can only be accessed with the 4th/5th button, but it doesn't have a shortcut key to it!

Tks for your insights to date!

Thanks

Liam
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Do you also have XMBC on the local machine - maybe the configuration on that is remapping buttons before netop gets to see it? If you have can you try disabling it on the local machine and/or creating a profile for the local netop app where all buttons are set to "nothing don't intercept".

Other than that, I will see if I can try it and will let you know if I find anything!

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
liammc
New User

Post by liammc »

Hi

No I dont have XMouse installed on my home machine at all. Should I try and install it and play with it?

Thanks

Liam
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Well probably wont make any difference that way round- - if you did have it then maybe it might have interfered, but as you havnt, then it cant be that causing the problem :)
--[ Phil ]--
coolaliasgar
New User

Post by coolaliasgar »

There seems to be some problem with Netop Remote control software. Try using your mouse with various other remote support services such as logmeinrescue, gosupportnow, GoToMyPC etc. and check whether it works or no.