simulated keys wouldnt work in a game

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
darkaheart
New User

simulated keys wouldnt work in a game

Post by darkaheart »

today i found out about this program and i installed it. its version 2.1 btw. i simulated my 3rd and 4rd mouse button with the keys F1 and F3 right? and they work. now theres a game that i play thats called Runescape at (http://www.runescape.com) so when i log in the game and i click the simulated buttons they dont work.
Can any one help me with this?
phil
Site Admin

Re: simulated keys wouldnt work in a game

Post by phil »

Firstly, some games block injected keypresses, because they can be used by "cheat" macros. If that is the case, then there is little that can be done.

But how have you setup your simulated keystrokes? Please describe in a little more detail your conflagration.
For example, have you setup a profile for the game or are you using "Default". If you have set a profile, is it correct. If you enable debug logging in the general settings tab, the log file might give some clues (it will show the keys being sent etc.

Also, what key simulation methods are you using and have you tried different methods (during, on press, on release) etc.

Also have you tried adding any delays eg {WAITMS100} to the key sequence - as sometimes they can be sent too quickly for the game to recognise (depending on the method chosen).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)