New Feature (?) - Save/Restore Desktop Windows Positions

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Ken3
New User

New Feature (?) - Save/Restore Desktop Windows Positions

Post by Ken3 »

LIke using Xmouse since I mainly use it to have the wheel button emulate the double click action and launch a couple of applications - I have a basic Dell optical mouse. I was wondering since you have the ability to save/restore desktop icons, what about adding the ability to save/restore desktop application windows? I have Outlook 2007 on my computer and I launch the Mail, Calendar, Notes, Tasks, and Contacts in separate windows. If Outlook crashes or closes abnormally, I lose the position of these Outlook windows, so having this feature would be handy.
phil
Site Admin

Re: New Feature (?) - Save/Restore Desktop Windows Positions

Post by phil »

Interesting idea, but I'm not really sure XMBC is the place for this (in fact I'm not sure its the place for saving the desktop icons either so that does not mean it wont happen).

There are a couple of other enhancements I want to add in this area but as they are not core to the XMCB functionality, they have take a very low priority, and will continue to do so, but I will certainly consider if it is possible to add, so long as it does not add too much bloat. It does however beg the questions.....
  • how would you select what windows to save and restore?
  • What to do if the restore position is no longer visible (multi-monitor/remote desktop etc)?
  • and possible lots more :)

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
Ken3
New User

Re: New Feature (?) - Save/Restore Desktop Windows Positions

Post by Ken3 »

Thanks.

I was only thinking of a capture/snapshot of opened windows and their size and positions.

Ken