Changed (bug?) feature in XMouse v2.0

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
RhysPatto
New User

Changed (bug?) feature in XMouse v2.0

Post by RhysPatto »

Hey guys, and phil,

Absolutely love XMouse, it is exactly what I was after to make my mouse quickly do what I want it to.
One problem I have come across after the recent upgrade from 1.60 to 2.0 is that now all actions seem to require the mouse cursor to be hovering over the current window for actions to occur, have I just not turned this feature on or is this a bug/feature change?

To explain, I have an action on my button #5 which switches monitors for Windows 7 ({LWIN}{SHIFT}{RIGHT}). I used to be able to hit this twice and the current window could jump back and forth between my two monitors, but with the new version, I click once, then have to move the mouse so it is hovering over the window again to use the action again.
(This is obviously not the practical reason for why I ask about this bug, just explaining how it has changed from the old XMouse version).

Thanks,
Rhys
phil
Site Admin

Re: Changed (bug?) feature in XMouse v2.0

Post by phil »

There is an option in general settings to enable profile switching on mouse move ie, based on the window under the cursor. so your profile will be switching as the window moved away.

You can disable this option and it will revert to 1.5x (there never was a 1.60!)

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
RhysPatto
New User

Post by RhysPatto »

That was exactly what I was after, thanks Phil.
Apologies as well, I forgot the old version so just used my *poor* memory to take a guess.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

No problem - glad XMouse is of use :)
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)