Problem with simulated keystrokes

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
remedy_
New User

Problem with simulated keystrokes

Post by remedy_ »

First of all, great application, it really helped me over last 2 years, now i have a problem for the first time.

- I use Logitech g1 mouse, it has 2 standard buttons , middle button/scroll , 4th button located on top of mouse... so 4 buttons overall
- I use newest XMBC 2.0

- I want to macro my MOUSE BUTTON 4 to do following thing: press shift and while shift is being held press "R" once. I tried with {SHIFT}r but did not help... i also tried changing how to send simulated keystrokes and play around with it, but to little success.

I checked to see if application works with my mouse, and its all good... for example.. when i assigned hardcoded "ALT+F4" to same button.. it closed my application instantly.

So, is there a way to make SHIFT+R macro? Maybe explain to me how ALT+F4 is hardcoded ... i think it probably needs to work in similar way.

thanx.
phil
Site Admin

Re: Problem with simulated keystrokes

Post by phil »

That is odd, I just tried in notepad and {SHIFT}r does cause a capital 'R' to be sent.
Maybe the shift is not being "seen" because its sent as a single key event with the flags set to shift.

Some programs require the shift to be sent, then an independant 'r' (in this case, then the shift to be released.

Did you try the "during" send method?

EDIT: ALT+F4 is done in the same way as doing {ALT}{F4} in simulated keys (does that work?) It should nto be any different. What program are you trying to control with {SHIFT}r ? anything I can try/test here?

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
remedy_
New User

Post by remedy_ »

Hello, thanx for reply.. will try to explain situation.

I have trouble with a computer game called Bloodline champions.

Basically, in it, you need to cast a spell which is bound to "R" key by default.

- By hovering with mouse pointer over yourself or your teammate and pressing "R" you cast it on yourself/teammate.
- By holding down SHIFT and pressing "R" you cast it on yourself... basically SHIFT in that game acts as a "cast on self" modifier. While you hold it, you just cast every friendly spell on yourself.

So.. i just wanted to create a macro with shift+r on single mouse button. Game is very fast paced and is used in competitive play... and reaction times are literally measured in tenth parts of a second, so every bit helps.

--

When i tried "During" send method for {SHIFT}r i did get some results. Several times i managed to cast that spell but quickly pressing mouse button several times... or sometimes by holding down mousebutton and then realising it and pressing quikly once more.

- I just tested in notepad... and indeed {SHIFT}r will type capital "R", no problems there.
- Also tested binding {ALT}{F4} on same mouse button, and it closes application without problems.

Is there any other method or "wayaround" i could test? Is it possible to create combination of send methods in single macro?
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

The only thing I can think of right now is perhaps to put a very short delay (a few milliseconds) bbetween the shift and the r.

try: {shift}{waitms50}r
...and play arrounf a little with the value of 50!

Thanks
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)