Little problem with Firefox 3.6

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
teddy123
New User

Little problem with Firefox 3.6

Post by teddy123 »

(sorry, very bad english)

First, thank you very much for this utility! It allows me to use 7 of the 8 buttons of my logitech mouse behind a KVM !

------------------
Little problem with firefox:

1. Load a page1. It must be a large page, because you must scroll.
2. Click on a link in page1. This load page2. After the click don't move the mouse!
3. Go back with the 4th mouse button to page1. Don't move the mouse!
4. Try to scroll with the wheel. It don't work.

After the BACK mouse button on page1 I MUST always first move the mouse a little bit. After this move the wheel work correct.

------------------
Mouse speed:

I know, xMouse is NOT a driver. I try many many things in combination with logitech mouse / setpoint / intellipoint / old/new versions, but it is NOT possible to increase the speed. In WinXP I set the mouse speed to max, but it is not enough!
xmouse works best with the standard mouse driver (winxp).
But the XP mouse driver is not so good. With Win2000 mouse driver the mouse speed is faster! But I don't know, how to use Win2000 mouse driver with XP. And I think, it is a little bit dangerous to do this.

Anyone knows a alternative (generic) mouse driver for XP ?

------------------
Request:

Your XMouse can scroll windows without keyboard focus. This is a very good feature. Can you even bring the window in the foreground?

Ted
MainTrane
Dedicated

Re: Little problem with Firefox 3.6

Post by MainTrane »

Hi Teddy, your English looks fine :)

"Little problem with firefox:" - I don't experience this using FFox3.6 + XMBC2.0 on Win7. When the mouse cursor is over a flash control, the scroll wheel will not respond; this could be what you're experiencing.

"Mouse speed:" - You could try adjusting the mouse' sensitivity/DPI in Setpoint, if such an option is available. Turning on pointer acceleration in Setpoint ('enhance pointer precision' in WinXP mouse properties) is also an option.

"Request:" - That's possible; but it's up to Phil whether or not X-Mouse style tracking makes it into XMBC. You can use TweakUI to enable the built-in registry value on XP.

• Beta Tester ‖ Global Moderator
    Logitech [ G700 | G500 | MX1100 ᵛ¹ ᵛ² ]
    Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)
    Intel Core i7-960 @ 3.85GHz
    18GB (3x4GB+3x2GB) RAM
    DirectX 11
    NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT
[/size]