Scroll lock and global hotkey not working

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Berserker
New User

Scroll lock and global hotkey not working

Post by Berserker »

1) XMBC Version (see log file)
Sorry I just uninstalled - but I downloaded the latest version (and that's what I installed with) I'll be re-installing so if this information is necessary I can look it up.

2) Windows OS & version (and if its x86/x64 if you know - see log file)
Vista Home Premium SP2 64 bit

3) Number of mouse buttons.
8, although only left and right are absolutely necessary for what I want to do.

4) What mouse driver you have installed (generic HID device or manufacturer specific)
Logitech Mx518 Driver 5.20.12.0

5) Any other mouse configuration software installed (including manufacturers software)
Logitech SetPoint 6.20.50

6) As detailed description of the problem with any relevant apps you're using that show the issue.
When I have the program installed the program neither the global hotkey (ctrl+alt+double right click) or scroll lock (when set) disable the program. As I am using it to emulate keypresses for the left AND right mouse buttons this is a major hassle, although task managed does the job of "disabling" as necessary. I am not sure if this is because of a setting I have wrong in my OS, or something with my keyboard (which works fine) or what...The keyboard is a razer tarantula using the MS HID Keyboard driver.

I can't get it to work with an application profile either. I really hope this is something simple that I am missing in my OS or application settings.

Thanks for creating this - it's awesome for what I need it for (old game with mouse polling bugs) hopefully you can figure out what's wrong so it's seamless :)
phil
Site Admin

Re: Scroll lock and global hotkey not working

Post by phil »

CTRL+ALT+Double Right Click was depricarted several versions ago and is no longer applicable.
There is a global hotkeys tab in the advanced settings (press the setting button on the main screen) where you can configure any "global hotkey" to disable the app.

NOTE: In v1.53 you do have to turn on global hotkeys on the general settings tab in the same window before the global hotkeys tab is displayed (this has changed in the next version/beta to attempt to remove confusion). The latest beta (see post at the top of the forum if you want to try it) has had some more changes in the gui, but not so much functionally to do with the disable options.

Having said all of that, I dont understand why the scrolllock disable feature would not be working - I will check it in the beta just incase but Im pretty sure its funcitoning as expected here.

EDIT: The same applies to the application profiles - no one has complained of problems with that in verison 1.51 - 1.53, but again, the new beta has changed quite significantly in that area.

In the meantime, can I suggest that if you still suffer the problem, you enable debug logging and try and capture some log that might point me is the general direction of any problem?

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
Berserker
New User

Post by Berserker »

Phil, I updated my keyboard drivers and firmware with the manufacturer's latest releases and all seems to be well. It was a weird issue but that seems to have resolved it.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

I'm glad you resolved the issue. I was beginning to wonder why only you had the problem. I'm surprised however that keyboard drives could have effect such a simplistic bit of functionality (the scroll lock disable).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)