Lost XMBC middle button support under Intellipoint 8.0?

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
tsaylor
New User

Lost XMBC middle button support under Intellipoint 8.0?

Post by tsaylor »

I'm using a Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 6000 (5 button, with tilt/scroll) on 32-bit Win7. I've been using XMBC for quite awhile now, primarily to map the middle button to "close window" for various apps (not always the same sequence depending on the app).

Recently I allowed Windows Update to update keyboard/mouse drivers -- I didn't realize what I was getting but it was Intellipoint 8.0. And since that update XMBC no longer recognizes the middle button. When I look at the XMBC setup it highlights the button presses for everything except the middle button and the lift/right tilt.

It doesn't seem to matter what I set the middle button to under Intellipoint. I've tried disable, close, flip (default), back -- in all cases Intellipoint takes control and XMBC doesn't seem to see the keypress. I also tried upgrading to the latest XMBC, 1.5.3.

Any advice? Or, can anyone else comment on the behavior you are seeing with Intellipoint 8.0?

Thanks,
Todd
MainTrane
Dedicated

Re: Lost XMBC middle button support under Intellipoint 8.0?

Post by MainTrane »

In order for XMBC to see the button presses you would need to have Intellipoint map it to something like 'Middle-Click', 'Middle Button' or 'Generic Button 3'.  XMBC can only remap standard mouse buttons.
tsaylor wrote:I've tried disable, close, flip (default), back -- in all cases Intellipoint takes control and XMBC doesn't seem to see the keypress.
The Intellipoint button mappings you've tried would make certain that XMBC can't receive the button press.

:arrow: I've installed the x64 version of Intellipoint 8.0, even though I don't have any MS mice to use it with, the correct setting would seem to be assigning Wheel Button to 'Middle-Click'. Hope this helps.

• Beta Tester ‖ Global Moderator
    Logitech [ G700 | G500 | MX1100 ᵛ¹ ᵛ² ]
    Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)
    Intel Core i7-960 @ 3.85GHz
    18GB (3x4GB+3x2GB) RAM
    DirectX 11
    NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT
[/size]
tsaylor
New User

Re: Lost XMBC middle button support under Intellipoint 8.0?

Post by tsaylor »

Good call, thanks! I hadn't changed my settings when it stopped working, so I imagine the default behavior changed with Intellipoint 8. I've changed the Intellipoint wheel button setting to "Middle-click" and all is good.

Thanks for the help!