XMBC start before desktop appear

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
sdvcomp
New User

XMBC start before desktop appear

Post by sdvcomp »

Windows Version:
Windows 10
Mouse Information (brand/model):
logitech M100
Relevant Computer Information (CPU, RAM etc):
Pentium G3220

Hello. That's not a bug, just a question.First of all, thank you for your program. It's wonderful :) I just can't figure out how to make it start before desktop appears. I want the right mouse button to be reassigned when the desktop appears, and the context menu does not open. Through Programs\Startup and the registry, there is still a gap of several seconds, while the program is not yet running, and the button works. I tried to run xmbc as a service, but it didn't work. I understand that this is not a question about the program, it works great, but maybe you can tell me something.
phil
Site Admin

Re: XMBC start before desktop appear

Post by phil »

Sorry for the delay, but I don't really know how to answer this.
XMBC is started by means of being the the HKLM (or HKCU) registry startup items.So that does not execute until the session is logged on (I dont believe XMBC can interact with the session 0 (logon screen) anyway so I think its pointless running earlier.
You could maybe use the task scheduler instead, but I don't think that will make much difference, as it will still need to run during the logon process). As far as I know, there is no way of ordering the list in which programs in the run registry key start, Windows just starts them as it sees fit (it may be alphabetic - in which case the X in. XMouseButtonControl.exe could be making things worse (but I don't know - it may be the order in which the programs are added to the run key)
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)