Using XMBC on TradingView

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
tecnition
New User

Using XMBC on TradingView

Post by tecnition »

Please fill in this template when posting!
XMBC Version: v2.20.5
Installed or Portable version: Installed
Windows Version: Windows 10 22H2 19045.4291
Mouse Information (brand/model): Razer Viper Ultimate
Relevant Computer Information (CPU, RAM etc): 5950x 16core w/ 128MB of RAM
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC? (If so, from what version?): No
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade? (If so, from what version?): No
How long have you used XMBC?: New User
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: English

Clear description of the problem - try and include as much information as possible, including what button and mappings you are having problems with (if applicable).:

Hello all, thank you for your time.

I've tried using the application but I think there is something integral that I'm doing wrong from getting it to work correctly.

Here's what I'm looking for as Razers mouse has your standard 5 button layout:

When I'm holding LEFT CLICK + MOUSE 4, I'd like that to imitate holding the CTRL key indefinitely.

When I let go of either LEFT CLICK or MOUSE 4, I want it to disengage the function.

And I would also like this to ONLY work within TradingView desktop application.

If someone can help me out with this, I would greatly appreciate it.

I see this application having an incredible amount of potential with TradingView (a software I use 8-10 hours a day for trading).

Thank you all once again for your time.
phil
Site Admin

Re: Using XMBC on TradingView

Post by phil »

Doesn't sound too complex...
Create a window profile for the application (tradingview) - simply hit the "Add" button on the main configuration window and find the tradingview.exe(for example) from the list of running processes (assuming it is running during this setup).

Now, on left click select "Button Chording". In the setup menu, on button 4 select "Simulated Keystrokes"
In the configuration for that, type {CTRL} in the key(s) to send text box and select method 3 (during).

That should be all you need - but you may want to do the same on button 4 in the main profile (button chording) and within that, for the left button, simulated keys (basically mirroring it). That way it will not matter which button you press first.

One thing to be aware of whenever mapping the left button - if anything goes wrong, by default you can turn on SCROLL LOCK (ScrLck) on your keyboard to disable XMBC and allow you to go an edit the configuration without it remapping the buttons. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE a scrlck key (some laptops maybe) you can also configure a "global hotkey" in the settings tabs to enable/disable XMBC using a keyboard shortcut.

Regards,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
tecnition
New User

Post by tecnition »

Thank you kindly for your time Phil!

PayPal Transaction ID: 02258178NK719763K
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
tecnition
New User

Post by tecnition »

Most definitely! Way easier than I thought, head is mushed from looking at charts all day, couldn't understand your application correctly.

Fortunately, TradingView has lots of keyboard shortcuts that they implement which would work very well with this application. I plan on using it a bit more and trying to integrate it better in the future.

Thanks for the hard work!