Mouse zoom in firefox - how to

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
ConfusedMonkey
New User

Mouse zoom in firefox - how to

Post by ConfusedMonkey »

Hello. I have a Keychron M6 mouse. This mouse is fully recognized in XBMC. I am using Windows 10, On a Lenovo Ideapad 3 laptop.

What I want to do:

When I press and hold the forward button (aka the mouse 5 button), and hold it, to simulate the CTRL button being pressed on the keyboard, which would allow me to zoom in firefox, combined with the scroll wheel. But, if I just click the button, short tap, I want the button to act normally, as forward button.

I tried setting this up, and it works, partially, but every time I release the button, it performs the "forward" action.

Is what I want to do even possible? If yes, how do I do this properly? I searched, but haven't found anything- wouldn't bother people with opening this topic if I did find an answer.

thanks in advance.
phil
Site Admin

Re: Mouse zoom in firefox - how to

Post by phil »

Hi, you should be able to use "button held" configuration for this, but I suspect that is what you have already tried?
Please can you be a little more specific about what you have actually setup, maybe send me a copy of your profile (via PM) so I can try the same here and see if I have the same problem, or can suggest any improvements?

It certainly shouldn't perform the "default" action when the button is released (assuming it has executed the timed function).
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)