Simulated keystrokes send method 7 and 8 not availible when using Button held timed actions

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Sumiik
New User

Simulated keystrokes send method 7 and 8 not availible when using Button held timed actions

Post by Sumiik »

Please fill in this template when posting!
XMBC Version: 2.20.5
Installed or Portable version: installed
Windows Version: Win 11 home 64bit
Mouse Information (brand/model): Integra mouth mouse
Relevant Computer Information (CPU, RAM etc): AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 32GB RAM DDR5
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC? (If so, from what version?): no
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade? (If so, from what version?): no
How long have you used XMBC?: about a year
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: czech

Clear description of the problem - try and include as much information as possible, including what button and mappings you are having problems with (if applicable).:

Hello

I am using mouth mouse with pretty limited options. I can only do left or right click with sip and puff gestures. Therefore timed actions with Button held function are very useful for me. But when I want to assign simulated keystrokes to button held, send methods seven and eight (sticky hold and sticky repeat) are not available in the drop-down menu. When I assign the same simulated keystrokes to simple click all send methods 1-9 become available. Is there any inherent reason for his behavior?
Intended use is for example to toggle shift button with long LMB press. There is probably some way to achieve this using layers, but I am looking for the simplest solution to avoid future conflicts with other stuff.

Thank you for your time and all the effort you put into this program

Jan
phil
Site Admin

Re: Simulated keystrokes send method 7 and 8 not availible when using Button held timed actions

Post by phil »

Yes it is intentional. because if you are using button held, then it was to prevent you choosing a sticky where it could confict with the button still being held down. But now I'm thinking about it, I cant see why it would not work, at least with the final button held action maybe. But there must have been a good reason to remove those options, so I may have simply forgotten the reason - I'll have to revisit it to figure that out!
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
Sumiik
New User

Re: Simulated keystrokes send method 7 and 8 not availible when using Button held timed actions

Post by Sumiik »

I can see how this could be problematic. Maybe if there was a command to release all held buttons that I could place as a prefix to normal click ? Something like {release all}{LMB} instead of simple left click. But I assume if there is no other command in succession after toggled action, it shouldn't cause issues, no ?