Any way to accelerate trackball movement of mouse?

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
pmp_sd
New User

Any way to accelerate trackball movement of mouse?

Post by pmp_sd »

Hello,

I have a Kensington Expert Mouse, Model 64215, and thankfully it works on my Windows 7, 64-bit computer. As per your instructions, I have IntelliPoint installed as well as your X-Mouse Button Control--thank you! :D However, I notice the trackball moves the mouse pointer across the screen more slowly than I'd like. To move around on a screen takes up to 10 ball rolls to get from one side to the other or from top to bottom. I'm hoping that there is some way to accelerate the speed of the trackball so that I don't have to constantly move the trackball as if I were playing an arcade game. I'm not referring to the scroll bar just moving around on a screen. I seem to recall (with older OS) that I could get across the screen in 2 trackball rolls. I'm hoping you have some ideas to improve the performance. I'd be grateful for any thoughts or suggestions you can provide.

Thanks!
phil
Site Admin

Re: Any way to accelerate trackball movement of mouse?

Post by phil »

Can you not control the acceleration (I think thats what your after) in the standard windows mouse control panel?

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
pmp_sd
New User

Post by pmp_sd »

I can, but it still seems to be a bit slow. I was just wondering if there was another way to accelerate the pointer that would minimize the trackball movement.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Hummm.. while in theory it might be possible in XMBC, it would involve some possibly complex maths and would probably be laggy and almost certainly not work with all apps (esp. many games) that work at a lower level. Really its something that should be done either in hardware or at driver level (where it gets kernel level priority).

For example, it would suffer the same problem in many games that axis locking suffers - lots of games - especially golf ones it seems, completely ignore anything XMBC does :(.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)