Layers Issue

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Valania
New User

Layers Issue

Post by Valania »

Hi,
I've been using x-mouse for some time now and cant believe how fantastic it is - however....

I recently ended up doing a factory re-set on my laptop (Acer Aspire) and now cannot get XMouse to work as it did before.
The problem is shifting to other levels, I can only use the left or right mouse button to shift where as before I would use the side buttons.
I have tried re-installing and also importing settings from my tablet (which still runs fine) drivers are all up to date.
The mouse is an HP 5-button Optical Comfort mouse, I have two and both behave the same.
When the XMouse control centre is open it shows the buttons as registering but they do not seem to work.

Any ideas would be gratefully received.
phil
Site Admin

Re: Layers Issue

Post by phil »

I wonder if there is some Asus or HP software that is also intercepting the hooks - although if the buttons highlight in orange in XMBC, that suggests that XMBC is seeing the messages. Does it fail in ALL applications or only some?

It will be worth turning on debug logging (Settings -> Logging and Updates -> tick the debug logging box, OK and APPLY). Then press the buttons again in order - on the main XMBC screen, then in another application where they do not work). Then send a copy of the debug log to me via PM or just paste it here. Tat will at least tell me what messages XMBC is seeing - maybe it will give some clues?!)
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)