XMBC stops working with new tabs/windows, but reactivates when hovering over XMBC window and scroll signal sent.

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
teleomorph
New User

XMBC stops working with new tabs/windows, but reactivates when hovering over XMBC window and scroll signal sent.

Post by teleomorph »

Windows 11
MX Master 3s
First time using XMBC
English language/keyboard layout

I am (desperately) trying to get my side-scroll thumb-wheel to perform vertical scrolling.
Assigning 'Mouse Wheel Up/Down' to 'Tilt Wheel' seems to do it, but it stops working whenever a new tab is opened in Brave browser. But when I hover over the open XMBC application window, and send the scroll signal, the orange highlight occurs, and then scrolling works again in the new tab.

It also only works occasionally in File Explorer windows and other applications, but in those cases hovering and scrolling over XMBC doesn't reactivate function as is does in Brave.

I've tried reverting to default settings in Logi Options+, and reinstalling Logi Options+.
I tried turning on and off "Make scroll wheel scroll window under cursor" and "Activate window when scrolling" in the XMBC settings, but that seemed to have no effect.
I also tried using AutoHotKey to perform this function, but that also would only work 10% of the time.

Any help is appreciated. Been spending so much time trying to figure this out and really really just want a vertical scrolling thumb wheel. :(
: