Missing clicks

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
phil
Site Admin

Re: Missing clicks

Post by phil »

No, to use the SendInput API, it has to send the virtual keycodes (or scancodes), which differ from the characters. So XMBC has to translate the character to the keycodes. To do that, it uses standard API calls, but they require to know the language. So if the current language is not the language the keys were entered, it caused problems. To alleviate that it also loaded the US English key layout, but that was always problematic. Now it will store the language layout with the simkeys, and use that.

Does it help?!
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
cuba
New User

Post by cuba »

So that's only a virtual keycode and not a hardware scan code like KEYEVENTF_SCANCODE? I thought, hardware should work without switching layout
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

It can send scancodes, that's the fall back position if it cant decode virtual keycodes from the characters. But getting the scancode from a character is even more tricky and still depends on knowing the keyboard layout to do so. Hardware works without knowing the layout, but XMBC is software, calling the SendInput API which expects input as if it came from hardware.

So does it work better now?
--[ Phil ]--
cuba
New User

Post by cuba »

Hi, I'm on beta 24, and it is not working when languages mismatch.As a dev - I understand you point, as a user - who cares if it is software or hardware? :)
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Yes, as a user you shouldn't care. But its not working - so you do care - and I was just explaining.
Actually you might care if you were playing games too because many games block software injected keys (as it can be used for cheating). I have actually started playing with a hardware solution for XMBC to send keys from physical hardware to get around that sort of blocking - but it requires an external physical (arduino) device... But that's another story!

Anyway, I know it does not work in beta 24 - I fixed it for you (I hope) in beta 26!
--[ Phil ]--
cuba
New User

Post by cuba »

Hi, I've installed v26 and tested for a week. It works! No issues found for a period. Thank you so much!