XMOUSE BUTTON CONTROL - How to ignore multipled click?

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
dima0909
New User

XMOUSE BUTTON CONTROL - How to ignore multipled click?

Post by dima0909 »

Hello.
I wrote code..

I want it to be executed by scrolling with the mouse.
The problem is that sometimes I accidentally use the mouse scroll multiple times. Then the code is executed many times. How to avoid re-executing the code... even if I accidentally scroll several times with the mouse - so that the code executes only once? Maybe there is a function that if some code is currently being executed, scrolling would be ignored at that time?
phil
Site Admin

Re: XMOUSE BUTTON CONTROL - How to ignore multipled click?

Post by phil »

So many ways of doing this... What do you mean you wrote code? You have your own software to do this? How are you picking up the scroll messages?
Or do you mean you have a simulated key macro and want to do this within XMBC?
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
dima0909
New User

Post by dima0909 »

phil wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:44 am So many ways of doing this... What do you mean you wrote code? You have your own software to do this? How are you picking up the scroll messages?
Or do you mean you have a simulated key macro and want to do this within XMBC?
I meant that I have a code that clicks the left mouse button in several places on the screen... but I would like it to be done only once, even if I scrolled the mouse several times.
I would like the XMOUSE BUTTON program to react to scrolling - only when it finishes executing the code... and ignore subsequent scrolling while the code is executing.
My code:

Code: Select all

{MSET:791,384}{WAITMS:35}{SHIFT}{RMB}{MSET:851,386}{WAITMS:35}{SHIFT}{RMB}{MSET:914,386}{WAITMS:35}{SHIFT}{RMB}
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Right, wasn't clear (and you failed to fill in the post template ( :x read the rules next time!)) so I wasn't even sure if you were talking about XMBC or something generic you had written yourself!

Try setting the "Ignore repeated remapped vertical scroll" on the options tab for the profile - and adjust the "for x milliseconds" to your preference.
--[ Phil ]--
dima0909
New User

Post by dima0909 »

"Ignore repeated remapped vertical scroll"" - I try, but this don't working for me
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

What was the result - anything- I need more to go on, one liners are very difficult to work with.
--[ Phil ]--
dima0909
New User

Post by dima0909 »

when I selected the "Ignore repeated remapped vertical scroll" option, nothing changed at all... the code works the same after selecting it

I try to change 5 seconds (5000 miliseconds) but selecting this option does not work... when the mouse is scrolling, each scrolling is performed anyway... this option is not ignored for 5 seconds
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

The simulated keystroke should work the same, but it should not be triggered more than once, but as I said, you may need to adjust the time too - the default is 200ms - have you tried changing that to a larger number?
You haven't mentioned the send method you are using with your simkey (I presume its method 1?).

The problem with the wheel, is by default it does not send a DOWN and UP message like a normal mouse button. It sends a single (repeated) scroll message, repeated for every "notch" of the wheel (and very quickly for a notch-less smooth wheel). The purpose of "Ignore repeated remapped vertical scroll" is to TRY and make the single message scroll behave more like a button with a DOWN and UP, so it will see the first message as a DOWN, then set a timer for the time period set. If it receives a new message before that timer fires, it will reset the timer.
When the timer fires, it will "simulate" a button UP.

So for all the messages in between the timer starting and the timer firing, it should not do anything.

If you simulated keystroke takes longer to execute that the timer, maybe that might be why it is going off more. So I'ss say it again, try adjusting the time in the for "X" milliseconds.

And perhaps in your next reply you can try and give a little more detail. What have you got the time set to - what hve you tried, does any different time values make any difference at all. As I said before, a one liner does not give me much to go on. "It does not work" is simply not enough for me to guess at what the problem might be.

Maybe you could turn on debug logging and then send me a copy of the debug log - it might give some idea what is going on (it will be very verbose).

Anyway Im supposed to be at work now, so I need to get back to that!
--[ Phil ]--
dima0909
New User

Post by dima0909 »

this is my settings
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

The screen shot is great and all, but it only (just) answers one of my questions above (about which method you are using - which I had assumed correctly anyway).

For generic issues, screenshots are not a great way sharing settings, simply because there is so much not shown on a single (or on 1 and a half) screens. You might want to consider sharing your whole XMBC profile with me as that will tell me ALL settings and also allow me to test your setup here and ensure it works fine. There are a ton of settings behind the scenes that could be making a difference.

Having said that, even the settings file won't answer the main question in my previous post, about if you had tried different timings and what the results were (if any difference) for the ignore repeated remapped vertical scroll - which is what my last message focused on.

Also, out of interest, why have you un-ticked the default "block original mouse input" I'd have thought that would cause more trouble as it will still let the scroll messages through, as well as your simkey sequence - is that what you intended?!

Please try and answer in more detail (all of my questions) because until I get that detail Im prompting for, I'm only guessing (and frankly, wasting time asking the same things over and over)!

Regards,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
dima0909
New User

Post by dima0909 »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dima0909
New User

Post by dima0909 »

how to fix it?
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

I don't know, I'm still waiting for answers to my questions,. Until I get those, I'm not even looking, sorry more important things in life!
--[ Phil ]--
dima0909
New User

Post by dima0909 »

phil wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:58 pm I don't know, I'm still waiting for answers to my questions,. Until I get those, I'm not even looking, sorry more important things in life!
I sent you all the code... just like you wanted...
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

But you didn't answer the other questions I asked. XMBC is a hobby, and I don't have time to waste trying to guess things. If I ask a question, its because I need to know so I can devote some of my precious spare time to answering it. So if you don't answer, why should I devote my precious spare time?

I'll repeat some of the questions from above for clarity:
  1. Have you tried different timings and what, if any were the different results for the ignore repeated remapped vertical scroll options?
    NOTE: I see you tried 5 seconds (5000ms) but what about other smaller numbers. It should make some difference at least?! This is why I asked about different values a few weeks ago.
  2. Why have you un-ticked the default "block original mouse input"? I'd have thought that would cause more trouble as it will still let the scroll messages through, as well as your simkey sequence - is that what you intended?
  3. Have you turned on debug logging and sent me the debug log yet (hint, no, you haven't). NOTE: The debug log will help me work out if the "ignore repeated remapped vertical scroll" setting is working as intended or not.
--[ Phil ]--