XMBC any mouse click disabled until CTRL ALT Delete. Help.

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Naxy
New User

XMBC any mouse click disabled until CTRL ALT Delete. Help.

Post by Naxy »

Please fill in this template when posting!
XMBC Version: 2.20.5
Installed or Portable version: Install
Windows Version: 11 pro
Mouse Information (brand/model): Logitech Hero G502
Relevant Computer Information (CPU, RAM etc): Processor :AMD Ryzen 9 5900X , 32 GB Ram , BaseBoard Product : MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI (MS-7C84). GPU : 2080 TI
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC? (If so, from what version?): Not Sure, but its got worse with point releases.
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade? (If so, from what version?): No
How long have you used XMBC?: about 6 months to a year. Seemed to always be an issue but has got worse recently.
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: UK
Clear description of the problem - try and include as much information as possible, including what button and mappings you are having problems with (if applicable).: Im trying to Disable my Mouse buttons 4 & 5 as I do not want to go back and forth in a Browser or Discord etc. That Does work but after a few minutes of being inactive on my Desktop my mouse does not let me click anything with my mouse until I CTRL + ALT + DELETE and Cancel, and then I can click with my mouse again.
Rather frustrating.
phil
Site Admin

Re: XMBC any mouse click disabled until CTRL ALT Delete. Help.

Post by phil »

Hi, can you turn on debug logging (Settings -> Logging & Updates tab) OK and APPLY that, then when it "locks up" and you need to CTRL+ALT+DEL, send me a copy of the debug log file? Either post it here or PM or email it to me.
Also try and make a note of the time it locks up, so I can more easily narrow down to the correct part of the log file.
It might help figure out why its getting stuck like that - as I'm not seeing the same thing here.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
yskvlg
New User

Re: XMBC any mouse click disabled until CTRL ALT Delete. Help.

Post by yskvlg »

This is something common I believe. Happened with 11 and so is with 10 currently. I've realized it happens when I use my chords a bit faster than usual or sloppy. I simply assigned button 5 + Mid to run the task manager. Can't run ctrl-alt-del BUT ctrl-shift-esc works. I'm sure someone brought this before but wonder why it happens. Also why can't run regular ctrl-alt-del is another mystery to me.