install running issue?

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Shaneoz
New User

install running issue?

Post by Shaneoz »

2.20.5, installed version installed in default folder/b]:
Windows 10 64:
Inphic pm6 pro:
I5-6200U dual core 2.4ghz, 20gb ram:
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC? since install:

How long have you used XMBC? 1 week :
English qwerty:

Divers
synaptics pointing device

HID compliant mouse
Microsoft

Firstly, I love this program.
I tried searching the forum but was not able to find my issue.

Apon boot mouse icon does appear in system tray but
profile/ customized buttons don't work until I open the program.
I have to leave the xmbc window open/minimized for buttons to still work as programed.
phil
Site Admin

Re: install running issue?

Post by phil »

Thats a very odd one - it should be working fine in the background without the settings window open....
What to try - the debug log file may be useful, but XMBC disables debug automatically when it closes/restarts (because its very verbose) but this makes catching startup a little tricky. However, since v2.20.3, it does cache that last 100 or so lines of debug info, and will flush that once debug is enabled.

So try this (there are other options if its not enough - but I hope it will be enough).
Restart your PC.
Click a button that *should* be remapped (and it does not work)
Immediately open XMBC, slick settings and on the logging & updates tab, enable debug log and hit OK and APPLY (on the main screen).

Then send me a copy of the log file - you can open it from the same logging & updates tab, or in theory you can hold CTRL and left click the XMBC icon in the system tray to open the folder that contains the log and settings files.

You may be able to attach it to a private message here (I will unlock your new user status so you can add attachments).
Im away this weekend but if you can get the log to me before Friday afternoon, I may be able to grab time for a quick look - and see if there is anything shouting out as to what the problem may be!

Regards,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
Shaneoz
New User

Re: install running issue?

Post by Shaneoz »

Thanks so much Phil. There was a windows update yesterday and since then the issue has disappeared.

Thanks again for your support.

Shane