Some enterprising young individual...

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
loganginger
New User

Some enterprising young individual...

Post by loganginger »

has messed with my XMBC. They have changed my left and right mouse clicks to "1" and "2" respectively in the "default" application configuration. So, now with Xmouse running I cannot click on anything, therefore I cannot get into Xmouse to fix the error.

All I can do is use the keyboard to kill the process to get my mouse back. But I want to keep using it :(

I even uninstalled and re-installed the app but the settings stick.

There is no problem with the app - it works too well! Is there a way I can reset things without having to use the mouse and/or start the application?

Thankyou!
phil
Site Admin

Re: Some enterprising young individual...

Post by phil »

There are several solutions to this, and it depends how you may have configured XMBC (and if you care about keeping existing settings or not) as to how easy it is.

1. If you selected "Bypass all actions when scroll lock is on" in advanced settings, try turning on scroll lock and then see if you can left/right click to get into the configuration screen.

2. If you setup any hot keys to enable/disable XMBC then disable XMBC and then go in and change the configuration.

3. If you setup any layer changing hotkeys, try changing to a different layer which is not set in this way?

4. Launch XMBC from the command line with the /setup argument
XMouseButtonControl.exe /Setup (Note on Vista/7 you may need to be in an elevated command line)
The use the keybaord to navigate through the setup dialog to change the buttons back to default.

5. Delete the settings file* or, if you really don't want to loose any settings, edit the file manually and restart XMBC.

* The settings file (XMBCSettings.xml) is in your user profile folder (by default, unless you changed the location during installation), I cant remember exactly where it is, but its either in local or roaming appdata folder. If you cant find it, winodws search should be able to, but try these locations:

Vista/7/2008:
c:\users\<your logon>\appdata\local\highresolution enterprises\XMouseButton Control
c:\users\<your logon>\appdata\roaming\highresolution enterprises\XMouseButton Control

XP etc. (may not be 100%, I don't have XP around to check the folder structures)
c:\documents and settings\<your logon>\appdata\highresolution enterprises\xmousebutton control (I think)
c:\documents and settings\<your logon>\localdata\highresolution enterprises\xmousebutton control

I guess I really should add this to the FAQ (if I havent already.. hummm).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Oh, during install there is also an option to replace/delete existing settings.... You could have just ticked that!
--[ Phil ]--
beerslayer
New User

Post by beerslayer »

Suggestion: could the location of the settings file be made into a preference setting itself, so that if it wasn't specified at install time the user can still change it? Or would that cause too many problems with Vista/7 if the user chooses a location (i.e. Program Files) that the software cannot write to unless elevated?
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

I suppose its possible... but I think its stored in the local machine registry which would mean you would need admin access to change it. Usually XMBC will have this but not all the time (esp. if your account does not have the ability to elevate).

You can always rerun the install - it does no harm to install over the top so to speak (as it uses the very simple nullsoft install rather than the more complex MSI installers!

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--