Scroll wheel remap to ALT+Scroll wheel

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
jshrek
New User

Scroll wheel remap to ALT+Scroll wheel

Post by jshrek »

Just wondering if it is possible to use XMouse to remap the Scroll wheel (generic HID device) to ALT+Scroll wheel in one specific program (Adobe Premiere).

On Adobe Premiere for Mac, the Scrollwheel alone works for timeline zoom in/out, but on the Windows version you have to use ALT+Scrollwheel.

I want to know if its possible just use the Scrollwheel and make it think that the ALT key is being held down.

Thanks
phil
Site Admin

Re: Scroll wheel remap to ALT+Scroll wheel

Post by phil »

Yes that should be possible...
But being the wheel, it may be problematic - because the wheel is not like a button with down and up messages - so it will actually (by default) press and release the ALT key for every scroll message - it might still work (and if not, there may be other ways round it, it just may make things a little more complicated).

Just setup a profile for that app, then remap the scroll wheel using simulated keystrokes to {ALT}{WHEELUP} / {ALT}{WHEELDN} and if that alone dose not work, let me know and I'll think about a slightly more complicated method that should still produce the desired effect!
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)