Layer change while mouse button simulation is pressed

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Paragon
New User

Layer change while mouse button simulation is pressed

Post by Paragon »

XMBC Version: v2.21 Beta6
Installed or Portable version: Portable
Windows Version: Windows 11
Mouse Information (brand/model): Lioncast LM15
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: German

I have been using XMBC for years to unify the viewport navigation in various programs (camera pan and rotate).
I hold down the thumb key to get to a second layer. There I simulate the pan and rotate key combination of the corresponding program on mouse left and right (during).
Unfortunately, it happens to me from time to time that I release the layer button before I have released the left or right mouse button simulation. This then reproducibly leads to a bug in the navigation. No matter which program. Is there a way to cancel the simulated mouse buttons when the layer button is released, even if they are still pressed?
By the way, I would like to thank the developer for this sensationally cool software.
phil
Site Admin

Re: Layer change while mouse button simulation is pressed

Post by phil »

Thanks accepted :).

There may be a way - is "Reset sticky buttons when layer changes" set or unset in advanced settings. I doubt that's relevant but its worth checking. Normally when the layer changes, it should stop any mapped actions automatically, but if the button is still held, it may be that its not releasing properly but instead just loosing the context. It could simply be a bug!

I might need to have a play here, see if I can reproduce it, and if so, if anything can be done in the code to alleviate the problem... Can you drop me a copy of your profile? And let me know which programs this happens in - I'll see if I can reproduce (may have to use alternative programs if they are commercial) but I suspect any program that does pan type stuff will be impacted in this case...
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
Paragon
New User

Post by Paragon »

"Reset sticky buttons when layer changes" does not make a difference either on or off. I have checked the whole thing with the currently installed programs for reproducibility. All programs with a "3D Viewport" are indeed affected, but it is not equally easy to reproduce everywhere. It definitely has something to do with the premature release of the layer key. 100% reproducible for example in Marvelous Designer. In other programs like Sketchup, Daz3D or Cinema4D the bug was a bit more difficult to trigger.
Paragon
New User

Post by Paragon »

Small addition to the error analysis when the layer key is released first...
Marvelous Designer: left and right mouse button triggers the bug
Cinema4D: only the right mouse button triggers the bug
Sketchup: only the right mouse button triggers the bug
Daz3D: did not get the bug reproduced anymore
Inventor: only the left mouse button triggers the bug

With the exception of Daz3D, this is 100% reproducible for me.
The bug looks like this: depending on which mouse button triggers the bug, either pan or rotate is permanently active, although no button is pressed.