Select text and copy by holding and releasing

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
andreyb
New User

Select text and copy by holding and releasing

Post by andreyb »

Hi,

I am not sure how to assign:
1) Select text and copy by a holding button 4 and dragging across text. Then the text should be copied
2) Press button 5 to left click (to re-locate cursor) and paste the copied text to that location

Thanks!
phil
Site Admin

Re: Select text and copy by holding and releasing

Post by phil »

This should work...

1) Select "Simulated keystrokes" for button 4. Enter the text: "{LMB}{OU}{CTRL}{OU}c" select method 3 in the "how to send" dropdown.
2) Select Simulated keystrokes for button 5. Enter the text "{LMB}{CTRL}v" select method 1 or 2 in the "how to send" dropdown.

Regards,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
andreyb
New User

Post by andreyb »

Hi, Thanks. Worked.

But, if I have some text selected, I want the pasting button to replace it.
Instead, it calls left click, and I loose the selection.

So, in case there is no selection there should be a left click, and if there is some test selected, there should not be...

I also want to drag pasting botton to select text and paste instead of selected...
Last edited by andreyb on Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

Due to no conditions use Button Held or Button Chording or else other button with SimKeys for {ctrl}v.
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-4670K @ 3.40GHz, 8GB,
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, Intel SSD 179 GB HDD
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

andreyb wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:02 pm Hi, Thanks. Worked.

But, if I have some text selected, I want the pasting button to replace it.
Instead, it calls left click, and I loose the selection.

So, in case there is no selection there should be a left click, and if there is some test selected, there should not be...

I also want to drag pasting botton to select text and paste instead of selected...
Well thats not what you asked for last time - I'm sure the goal posts have just been relocated!

XMBC does not know if any text is selected or not - so it is unable to decide what to do automatically. So yes, there are options but they are all going to be manual (button held for example, you will need to think about which you want and therefore how long you need to hold the button) or using another button, or using a layer - either way its going to require brain power as XMBC cant do this automatically.
--[ Phil ]--
constantine
New User

Post by constantine »

phil wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:09 am 1) Select "Simulated keystrokes" for button 4. Enter the text: "{LMB}{OU}{CTRL}{OU}c" select method 3 in the "how to send" dropdown.
2) Select Simulated keystrokes for button 5. Enter the text "{LMB}{CTRL}v" select method 1 or 2 in the "how to send" dropdown.
Hi Phil,

For a while now I've been looking to reproduce the Linux/Unix X Windows System behaviour for copy/paste on select/middle-click and this is by far the most accessible solution. This is so simple and sublime! Thank you very much! And there's so much functionality in this X-Mouse Button Control to explore — it is mind-blowing.

Kind regards,
Constantine

PS. When I go to donate via PayPal it says: "Donations to this recipient aren't supported in this country."
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

constantine wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 9:57 am PS. When I go to donate via PayPal it says: "Donations to this recipient aren't supported in this country."
Odd, Ive no idea why paypal would be doing that - but don't worry about it, a thanks is enough :)
--[ Phil ]--