chording a repeat key, it stays sticky until repressed

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Qumojo
New User

chording a repeat key, it stays sticky until repressed

Post by Qumojo »

XMBC Version: 2.20.2
Installed or Portable version:Installed
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro 21H2 19044.1706
Mouse Information (brand/model): MX Master 3S via logi dongle
Relevant Computer Information (CPU, RAM etc): Intel Core i5-10600; 16 GB ram
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC? (If so, from what version?): fresh install
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade? (If so, from what version?): system doesn't update
How long have you used XMBC?: 1 week
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: English(US) and English(UK) keyboard

Clear description of the problem - try and include as much information as possible, including what button and mappings you are having problems with (if applicable).:

recently got an injury that prevents me from using my left arm and I had to revamp my controller to my mouse to allow me to play some games. XMBC is fantastic for this and pair with my MX3S I manage to do amazing things. Thanks guys.

The only thing is that I've got my button 5 chording with other buttons. My left mouse stays as left mouse. But then if I press button 5 and left mouse, I want the left mouse to repeat pressing left mouse, like an autofire, until I release any of them. Everything seems to work fine, but if I release button 5 without releasing first left button, then if I press my button 5 it keeps acting as a repeat left mouse instead of whatever else I've got assign to it until I redo the "correct" press button 5 + press left button, release left button, release button 5.

I wish that if left mouse or button 5 are release at any point that the "repeat left mouse" stops. Not sure I explain myslef too well. Englsih not my first language even thou that's what I use daily :lol:
phil
Site Admin

Re: chording a repeat key, it stays sticky until repressed

Post by phil »

I'll have to try and find some time to look into this....

Are you saying if you release button 5 (with left button (button1) still pressed) it stops, but if you keep the left button pressed (never release it) and then press button 5 again (so now left + 5 are pressed)?

Or are you releasing left (button1) after button 5?

For example (which is happening):

BUTTON5 press -> BUTTON1 press -> [repeat click action starts] -> BUTTON5 release [what happens here - does the repeat stop?]
-> BUTTON5 press..... [button 1 still pressed, re-starts repeating?]

OR

BUTTON5 press -> BUTTON1 press -> [repeat click action starts] -> BUTTON5 release [what happens here - does the repeat stop?]
-> BUTTON1 release -> BUTTON5 press..... [button 1 not pressed, re-starts repeating?]

Its quite a complex scenario so I need to get my head around it properly! I will try and reproduce it here also.
It seems that once you release button 5 (no matter what button 1 is) it should stop the repeating. Maybe a simple flag not being set/cleared but who knows at this point (its rarely that simple with chording lol).
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
Qumojo
New User

Post by Qumojo »

That's my setup.

Left_Mouse (l.m.) is for attack, general "ok" in dialogues and when hold, as charge attack in the game, can't be revamp.

I use mouse5 (m.5) to walk (W). I use m.5 + l.m. to autorepeat l.m., to allow me to attack continusly or quick skip dialogues.

If I release m.5 before l.m. then next time I press m.5 to walk it autorepeat l.m. continusly while m.5 is press, me trying to walk, it attacks. I have to press quickly l.m. once and then release m.5 (do the "correct" order) to get back to a normal posisition.

As you explain in your second case. I know this must be really strange/picky situation that never came up... :D Thanks for tacking the time to look into this issue.

those are pics of the setup of XMBC in imgur (can't post pics :( )
https://i.imgur.com/KRUPuTH.png
https://i.imgur.com/QfpKRwI.png
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

FYI: You need 4 or 5 posts before you can post pics, links, files etc.

I've been able to reproduce... So should be able to fix!
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Found / Fixed it - will be in the next release (2.20.4 or 2.21 which ever comes first lol).
Probably will release this tomorrow.
--[ Phil ]--
Qumojo
New User

Post by Qumojo »

Awesome!!! Very happy you've found it! Can't wait to download the new update, thanks again for your hard work!
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

You can test it if you want before I release.... try 2.21 Beta 14 which has the fix in it...
--[ Phil ]--