New versions crash

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
phil
Site Admin

Re: New versions crash

Post by phil »

Im curious to know if the problem still exists in 2.21 Beta 4 (here).
It probably does, but I have reviewed and reworked some of the changes between 2.20.1 and 2.20.2 which I think is where this problem was introduced, and I have added some more logging and with a little luck fixed the crash reporter so it will properly detect the crash and offer you the chance to submit a crash report (that would be very useful it it works!).

Let me know.

Regards,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
sutz

Post by sutz »

Sorry I haven't visited the forum for days. You stated in another post that you've already found the odd. That's great! I have been running debugging for 2 days now and it was weird that it didn't crash while debuuging mode was on. However, at some point, the app lost functionality (buttons turned into their default functions) but it was still opened in the tray icons. Debugging was on and I have saved the log file after then if you still need it. File is bgger than 5mb though, I coudn't upload.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

That debug log would be useful, especially if you know roughly the time it stopped recognising the clicks... usually that's because windows removes the hook (it has a tendency to do that (silently) if your hook timeout is low).

If you zip the log file is should be small enough to PM or post here, otherwise email it to me (phil [At] highrez [dot] co <dot>uk). Or you can use any file sharing service to share a link if its too big even for email (I think my max email attachment size is either 20 or 40Mb - not 100% sure)

The crash was in the debug logger ONLY when debug logging is disabled (lol) so that would explain why you didn't get it to crash with debug logging enabled... And why I couldn't either. I fixed that yesterday (in 2.21 Beta 5)
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
sutz

Post by sutz »

Ok it is a bit bigger than 5mb but got shrinked upon compressing. Regarding the time, I have closed the app immediately after I realized it lost the functionality, I just did some clicks before closing to make sure it was really not functioning. I closed it then surfed to the log file destination and made a copy to another place. So you can check only the last one or two minutes.
Ok I yet noticed this line in the log
"Ignoring X-Mouse Button Control configuration because SCROLL Lock is enabled!"
So maybe it is not the app fault it's mine :)
So, Yes, the conclusion of that "the crash was in the debug logger ONLY when debug logging is disabled" is right.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.