How to add individual but also global Simulated Keys and Button Chordings?

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Lores
Dedicated

How to add individual but also global Simulated Keys and Button Chordings?

Post by Lores »

I am a new user, but I know that there is this non-removable Profile named Default, which has its Process set to All. But is there some workaround to make such Profile also from scratch?

I need to add to my list of Profiles entries following a manner / mask of

Code: Select all

PROGRAM >>> FUNCTION >>> BUTTONS
so that I can turn them on and off with a single click on a corresponding checkbox, knowing what I am doing by reading its Description. For example I already have entries like

Code: Select all

FreeCommander >>> Select Items >>> Middle Mouse Button
FreeCommander >>> Select All Items >>> Middle Mouse Button + Right Mouse Button
uTorrent >>> Select Items >>> Middle Mouse Button
Magnifier >>> ON >>> Forward Mouse Button + Left Mouse Button
as I do not wish to keep all settings for FreeCommander under one Profile. And that is because I know that with enough time passing the amount of those various settings will increase and I already use also AutoHotkey and a programmable mini keyboard- thus I need to keep it all visual / accessible as convenient as possible, so that when I forget about some setting / shortcut I will be able to locate it with ease

So maybe there is some Windows process running constantly in the background, that could be chosen by me as Application for such global Key / Button? I already tried pointing to rundll32.exe as such tool / decoy / umbrella [whatever you wanna call it]- but if I am not mistaken I still would need to click on a window of rundll32.exe in order to get a proper reaction. So is there such global / over-layer window of some sort in Windows, that I could utilize for e.g. assigning to it playback controls? Or some other workaround?

I am using X-Mouse Button Control 2.19.2 Portable on Windows 10 Enterprise 20H2 19042.746 x64 for Logitech Mouse MX Anywhere 2 Business Travel / Logitech Mouse MX Anywhere 2 For Amazon
Lores
Dedicated

Re: How to add individual but also global Simulated Keys and Button Chordings?

Post by Lores »

So is it impossible to somehow store a setting that works everywhere - and then also another global setting under a separate Profile; and another one and another, all with their own Profiles?
phil
Site Admin

Re: How to add individual but also global Simulated Keys and Button Chordings?

Post by phil »

Is is not possible in XMBC, and without a significant rewrite (not something I have the time for I'm afraid) it would be possible.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)