Tilt wheel not recognise with razer basilisk v3

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
rems1899
New User

Tilt wheel not recognise with razer basilisk v3

Post by rems1899 »

XMBC Version: 2.19.2
Installed or Portable version:Installed
Windows Version:Windows 10
Mouse Information (brand/model): Razer Basilisk v3
Relevant Computer Information (CPU, RAM etc):
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC? (If so, from what version?): no
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade? (If so, from what version?): no
How long have you used XMBC?: never
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: azerty

Hello, i want to bind my tilt wheel left and right to change virtual desktop to the left and right. The software doesn't recognise my tilt wheel (no orange color on it) so it doesn't work. I don't have synapse open when i try it.
Could you know a way to fix it ? or maybe another tool to do it (synapse don't allow to make a bind with the window key)

Thanks for your help !
phil
Site Admin

Re: Tilt wheel not recognise with razer basilisk v3

Post by phil »

I'm afraid if XMBC is not seeing the tilt button messages then either the device is not sending them in the usual way, or something else is changing them before they get to the windows mouse message queue that XMBC hooks into. There is nothing I or XMBC can do about that I'm afraid.

Is synapse the razor software? In not familiar with Razor devices (never had one) but Logitech software can sometimes intercept and change the tilt messages before they get to XMBC. In many cases, simply uninstalling/ (or closing) the mouse software may then let it work in XMBC, in other cases, changing the configuration in the manufactures software can help, but its difficult to offer any answers as I know nothing about the synapse (presumably the razor software).
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)