Sniper Fury Mouse Button for Full Zoom

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
WizardMutant
New User

Sniper Fury Mouse Button for Full Zoom

Post by WizardMutant »

Please fill in this template when posting!
XMBC Version: XMBC Version 2.19.2
Installed or Portable version: Installed version
Windows Version: Windows 10, Version 10.0.19044, Build 19044, Type x64
Mouse Information (brand/model): Cheappo Logitech mouse with 2 buttons and a scroll wheel
Mouse Driver: Mouse driver: Logicool 5.92.28.0
Relevant Computer Information (CPU, RAM etc): Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz, 4200 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16GB RAM
How long have you used XMBC?: Brand new user, just downloaded, installed and got confused
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: United States keyboard layout

Clear description of the problem - try and include as much information as possible, including what button and mappings you are having problems with (if applicable).:

Greetings,

I just downloaded XMBC and totaly confused on how to achieve what I need for rifle scope zoom control in Gameloft Sniper Fury game. The only thing I managed to do so far is to create a Sniper Fury profile. Appreciate any help or direction.

Mouse aiming control in Sniper Fury Arena matches for me is most ideal at full scope zoom and I would like to change:
Right mouse button toggles between 1st click instant first stage zoom, 2nd click NO zoom
TO:
Right mouse button to toggle between 1st click instant full zoom, 2nd click NO zoom

Default state is NO zoom.

Zoom is also located in 3 stages on the scroll wheel and on the keyboard Z(zoom in) and X(zoom out) keys but I would like to keep all that as is.

Thanx in advance!
phil
Site Admin

Re: Sniper Fury Mouse Button for Full Zoom

Post by phil »

Hi, XMBC is often banned by games (especially online ones) as they often consider it cheating, so beware of that. I don't know this game so I don't know for sure.

But this could be a problem if the only way to go to full zoom is to scroll the wheel, because although you can do this, with simulated keystrokes (for example), XMBC will have no state-full knowledge of what the current zoom is - so how does it know how many times to scroll the wheel to get to the correct full zoom if it does not know what zoom you are currently at.

You can use simulated keystrokes to send two mouse wheel up commands using this: {MWUP}{MWUP}
But once you are at full zoom after that you would want only one {MWUP} to get back to no zoom. You could maybe achieve this using layers, on layer one in your game profile, set right button to {MWUP}{MWUP}{LAYER2}. And on layer 2 for the game profile, set the right button to {MWUP}{LAYER1}

This will scroll twice and switch to layer 2, so next time you press the right button, it will scroll up once and switch to back layer one.
Unless there is a unique key to zoom full, its probably going to be difficult to do any more than that - and if you are at zoom level 2 of three already, pressing the right button will be out of sync and take you to no zoom, then zoom level 2 of 3 again. I don't think there is anything XMBC can do about that!

I suppose of wheel up always zooms in and wheel down always zooms out, you could send three mouse wheel up commands on the first layer and three mouse wheel down {MWDN} on the second layer - that might work...

NOTE: You may also need to add a small delay between each scroll, you can do this by putting {WAITMS:50} or some other number to wait for that many milliseconds... For example: {MWUP}{WAITMS:50}{MWUP}{WAITMS:50}{MWUP}{LAYER2}

Regards,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
WizardMutant
New User

Post by WizardMutant »

Thanx Phill, your response is very much apreciated.

When I use the wheel up regardless of how much extra up movement I give it, it always goes to max zoom and stays there. Same the wheel move down zooms out to NO zoom and stays there even I roll down the wheel endlessly. I therefore hope this might work regardless of the initial zoom state. Even if current zoom state isnt NO Zoom or FULL Zoom it should go to FULL Zoom or NO Zoom respectively and the additional {MWUP}/{MWDN} commands shouldnt have any efect.

Layer 1
{MWUP}{MWUP}{MWUP}{LAYER2}
Layer 2
{MWDN}{MWDN}{MWDN}{LAYER1}

No idea why I may need a pause in between since I want it as fast as possible but will try if necessary.

It may though take a bit of time/trial and error since I really found it confusing. Tried already to activate a simple game mouse action and it didnt work in the game but it worked Windows wide.
The other issue I had was that even I saved the profile, loading it brought back a blank profile.

Will though play around with it and let U know.

Thanx again...

haha..., it actualy worked on the first attempt without the pause but pls tell how to get rid in Windows of the aditional cursor baloon with "2" on it.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

WizardMutant wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:08 pm haha..., it actualy worked on the first attempt without the pause but pls tell how to get rid in Windows of the aditional cursor baloon with "2" on it.
Good stuff... To turn off the layer notifications, there is a setting in general settings "Show layer switch balloon notification" - turn that off!
--[ Phil ]--
WizardMutant
New User

Post by WizardMutant »

After a bit of use I added the delay. Its easier on 1he brain when U can actualy see it zooming in and out instead of sudden splash.

I did though discover that its somewhat unreliable. In most game screens the wheel and the right button dont do anything but when I enter a fight screen with a scope on a gun often NO reaction on the first click and also just about every time no reaction on the first click after I use the wheel. Any ideas why and how to fix it?

Ticking off the layer switch notifications didnt work. I even restarted the computer and when in layer 2 the baloon still hangs on to the cursor accross the whole system except in the game. Layer 1 baloon is never displayed. I double checked and the setting is not ticked.
Last edited by WizardMutant on Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

You could try turning off "Enable notifications" too -maybe there is a bug with the other setting I will have to take a look.
Sorry, not really got any further ideas as I don't know the game etc. Maybe there is not reaction to the first click because it has moved onto layer 2 already so the first click un-zooms? Difficult to know!
--[ Phil ]--
WizardMutant
New User

Post by WizardMutant »

You are correct. Figured it out. The first click issue is coz i enter the fight screen in layer 2 so obviously the firs1 click zooms out when im already zoomed out and nothing happens. I cant see there could be a fix for this without XMBC knowing the state of zoom. Not a huge issue.

Thnx
WizardMutant
New User

Post by WizardMutant »

Both notifications settings are NOT ticked and the layer 2 balloon still persists.

Found it....
Unticked Pointer setting: Change cursor to indicate active layer
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Ahhhh it was the pointer cursor not the balloon/system notification! - Sorry - forgot that one!
--[ Phil ]--
WizardMutant
New User

Post by WizardMutant »

hi phil,

in practice I found out that the solution U led me to wasnt fully reliable. Either the game, the internet, my computer(unlikely) or the code was causing it to skipp a beat and it wouldnt complete the whole simulated sequence of commands. So I kept adding double and tripple comands. every time i did that it became more and more reliable untill I finaly got it to 99% (good enough).

Then suddenly this morning a new issue poped up. while playing XMCB would just simply stop working. In a spce of an hour it did that about 5-6 times. Appreciate if U can have a look at my code and tell me if it is by any chance causing the issue.

Would also be great if U could tell me if the below could be accomplished in a better or more elegant way.

Layer 1
Simulated Keys: (pressed){MWUP}{WAITMS:21}{MWUP}{WAITMS:18}{MWUP}{WAITMS:15}{MWUP}{WAITMS:11}{MWUP}{WAITMS:11}{MWUP}{WAITMS:9}{MWUP}{WAITMS:9}{MWUP}{WAITMS:4}{MWUP}{WAITMS:4}{MWUP}{WAITMS:4}{MWUP}{WAITMS:4}{MWUP}{WAITMS:4}{MWUP}{WAITMS:2}{MWUP}{WAITMS:2}{MWUP}{WAITMS:2}{MWUP}{WAITMS:2}{LAYER2}{WAITMS:2}{LAYER2}{WAITMS:2}{LAYER2}{WAITMS:2}{LAYER2}{WAITMS:2}{LAYER2}

Layer 2
Simulated Keys: (pressed){MWDN}{WAITMS:17}{MWDN}{WAITMS:14}{MWDN}{WAITMS:14}{MWDN}{WAITMS:9}{MWDN}{WAITMS:9}{MWDN}{WAITMS:7}{MWDN}{WAITMS:4}{MWDN}{WAITMS:3}{MWDN}{WAITMS:3}{MWDN}{WAITMS:3}{MWDN}{WAITMS:3}{MWDN}{WAITMS:3}{MWDN}{WAITMS:2}{MWDN}{WAITMS:2}{MWDN}{WAITMS:2}{MWDN}{WAITMS:2}{LAYER1}{WAITMS:2}{LAYER1}{WAITMS:2}{LAYER1}{WAITMS:2}{LAYER1}{WAITMS:2}{LAYER1}
WizardMutant
New User

Post by WizardMutant »

hi phil,

Figured out that the multiple layer commands were causing it to stop working but I still have a minor issue of reliability.

It quite often doesnt zoom in or out fully and I need to click again. This possibly has nothing to do with XMBC but not sure how to check. If you can suggest anything appreciate it.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

I've not really got any ideas... I'm surprise also about the multiple layer commands breaking it (I'll have to look into that).
I do wonder, have you tried larger delays, anything over 50ms? With 2-8ms (esp. with randomise delay ticked which it is by default) they may still be too quick.
--[ Phil ]--