XMBC conflicts with Files Software, Mouse Scrolling Won't Work

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
filesappuser
New User

XMBC conflicts with Files Software, Mouse Scrolling Won't Work

Post by filesappuser »

Please fill in this template when posting!
XMBC Version: 2.12.2
Installed or Portable version:2.12.2
Windows Version: Windows 22H2
Mouse Information (brand/model): Logitech MX Master 2S
Relevant Computer Information (CPU, RAM etc): i7, 32GB RAM
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC? (If so, from what version?): Irrelevant
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade? (If so, from what version?): Irrelevant
How long have you used XMBC?: Years
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: English

Clear description of the problem - try and include as much information as possible, including what button and mappings you are having problems with (if applicable).: This is rather compatibility issue with another piece of Software I'm using, Windows Explorer alternative -- Files github[dot]com/files-community/Files. The scrolling won't work in this app if XMBC is enabled, even though a setting is set to "No Change" for mouse wheel up and down. A more detailed bug info was filed on the Files repo here github[dot]com/files-community/Files/issues/10264. Hopefully you could look into this. Thanks in advance.
phil
Site Admin

Re: XMBC conflicts with Files Software, Mouse Scrolling Won't Work

Post by phil »

Try turning off "Scroll window under cursor", its not strictly needed on Windows 10 and later and seems to be conflicting with more and more these days!

If that works, but you want the option on for other windows, then you should be able to setup a profile for this program and check the option "disable scroll window under cursor" in he options tab for the profile.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
filesappuser
New User

Post by filesappuser »

phil wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:05 am Try turning off "Scroll window under cursor", its not strictly needed on Windows 10 and later and seems to be conflicting with more and more these days!

If that works, but you want the option on for other windows, then you should be able to setup a profile for this program and check the option "disable scroll window under cursor" in he options tab for the profile.
Hey phil, thanks for the reply. Turning that on does actually works! I'll be creating a separate profile the programme, seems to works just fine.

Love XMBC btw (taking this chance to thanks you personally)!
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Great,

If I get a chance, I'll have a play with the files app and see if I can add a global exception to it for scrolling (there are lots of exceptions and different rules, mostly for browser windows so its possible and will avoid a specific profile when/if I get it done!).
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

FYI: 2.20 Beta 8 (just published - accessible here) should fix this and remove the need to set up a specific profile with "disable scroll under window" ticked!
--[ Phil ]--