Windows 10 Scale and Layout

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Jason
New User

Windows 10 Scale and Layout

Post by Jason »

Please fill in this template when posting!
XMBC Version: XMBC Beta 2.20
Installed or Portable version:Installed
Windows Version: Windows 10 21H2 X64
Mouse Information (brand/model): X502 X
Relevant Computer Information (CPU, RAM etc): AMD 3800X
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC? (If so, from what version?): no
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade? (If so, from what version?): Windows 10 1709 X64
How long have you used XMBC?: 1 year
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: Chinese
Clear description of the problem - try and include as much information as possible, including what button and mappings you are having problems with (if applicable).:

One problem with WIN10(After 1709) is that after adjusting the Scale and Layout, the Sensitivity of the mouse will also be affected

keyword query
Mouse sensitivity issue with display scaled monitor after windows 10 1709 update

I found that many people don't know the reason
They always feel that their mouse becomes very sensitive when using WIN10

Is there a similar feature in XMBC to turn off this phenomenon?
thanks

I would like to discuss with experienced people
Please forgive me if the above post violates the regulations or the expression is not clear enough
Please ignore this article
sorry in advance
phil
Site Admin

Re: Windows 10 Scale and Layout

Post by phil »

Thank you for creating a new topic - It is much more likely to get attention from others than burying it away in another irrelevant topic :).

Personally, I am not aware of this issue with Windows - I haven't experienced it myself on any of my 6 or so machines. But then my desktops are not scaled (100% DPI) so maybe that's why. My laptop and surface are both at at 125% 1080p (the surface is >1080p native but I find scaling more than 125% tends to mess with other (older) non DPI aware applications so I run it at 1080p 125%. Both are also upgraded to Windows 11 and I'm not sure if that suffers the same (probably)?

Is there any particular method I can use to test (My windows 10 desktop is 22H2). If I can reproduce the problem, maybe I can try and find a solution. Although I don't expect there is anything in XMBC as things stand - it is able to adjust the mouse sensitivity but globally, not based on window scaling.

By sensitivity affected do you just mean it moves "more pixels" than when scaled at 100%. I guess that actually makes some sense - it will seem to be faster? Of have I got that wrong?
Jason wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:18 pm I would like to discuss with experienced people
Please forgive me if the above post violates the regulations or the expression is not clear enough
Please ignore this article
sorry in advance
I cant promise experienced people will be available, and this post does not violate anything (why mention that?!)
And why then say ignore it? If you want people to ignore it, don't post it :lol: I presume you are being sarcastic - but its difficult to get tone across in a forum post!
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
Jason
New User

Post by Jason »

Thanks for your reply
I'm using a 4K screen
Scale and Layout 150%
Mouse is 1800 DPI
The sensitivity will become 1800 DPI X 150%=2700 PDI
this is not native PDI
Especially when multiple computers are used interactively, users will need to re-adapt

There seems to be a way to fix it on the Internet
called mark c mouse fix
But I'm not sure if it's designed for this situation

upon your reminder
Try enabling XMBC's mouse sensitivity to use
Maybe this will do the trick
sincere gratitude

I cant promise experienced people will be available, and this post does not violate anything (why mention that?!)
And why then say ignore it? If you want people to ignore it, don't post it :lol: I presume you are being sarcastic - but its difficult to get tone across in a forum post!
I don't mean anything sarcastic :wink:
I rarely post on the forum
I'm so nervous...
should be easier
I translated it with google...I really hope the meaning is not too different
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Just had a search of that mark c mouse fix... and found this: http://www.esreality.com/?a=post&id=1846538
It seems the fix is to turn off Enhance pointer precision, a setting that is no longer available in the Win 10 GUI. But XMBC does have this option still in the Pointer tab in global settings...

So you can turn it on/off using XMBC too - but it seems that the important thing is to make sure it is OFF. There is nothing in XMBC to force it to OFF if it is ever turned ON though.

Maybe you could try using that setting in XMBC and see if it makes the desired difference or not. If it helps, I could add an option to force it off (turn it back off if it ever turns on?)

Regards,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
Jason
New User

Post by Jason »

thanks for your advice :cheers:

follow-up supplement
I found that xmbc and windows built-in mouse settings are synchronized
After trying all the settings, it seems that the mouse acceleration caused by the display zoom cannot be solved
There are many discussions on the Internet, but in the end, the sensitivity of the mouse can only be reduced to deal with it.
But it's not the best way
Because if I zoom in by 150%
The mouse dpi should be set to 66.66%... is the native dpi of the mouse...
But the sensitivity setting does not have a setting value of 66.66...

I'm afraid my English is not good and I can't express it well

I found this one discussion that expresses well
"Display scaling affecting sensitivity after Windows update"

https://linustechtips.com/topic/889671- ... ws-update/

For your research reference
thanks

In addition, the more I tap into xmbc, the more I find that it is a awesome software
Jason
New User

Post by Jason »

phil wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:29 am Just had a search of that mark c mouse fix... and found this: http://www.esreality.com/?a=post&id=1846538
It seems the fix is to turn off Enhance pointer precision, a setting that is no longer available in the Win 10 GUI. But XMBC does have this option still in the Pointer tab in global settings...

So you can turn it on/off using XMBC too - but it seems that the important thing is to make sure it is OFF. There is nothing in XMBC to force it to OFF if it is ever turned ON though.

Maybe you could try using that setting in XMBC and see if it makes the desired difference or not. If it helps, I could add an option to force it off (turn it back off if it ever turns on?)

Regards,
Phil
I did some research
mark c mouse fix is after Double-click .reg
He will overwrite the setting of Enhance pointer precision
After executing .reg, Enhance pointer precision must be enabled to take effect
will correct the mouse dpi to 1:1
At this time, the mouse dpi is not affected by Windows 10 Scale and Layout