Actively on for Layer 2,3... and so on

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
wertuka16
New User

Actively on for Layer 2,3... and so on

Post by wertuka16 »

Hi to the Creator of XMouse Button Control - Phil,

First of all, I am deeply thankful for your software, my generic mouse turns to super useful because of your creation.

However, I have a question regarding with the active status of different number of layers, so far i dont know how to actively ON the layer so that i can easily swap my mouse button instead of creating another per software profile. My question is, how can I actively switch to another layer with just 1 push down button and not to long press or hold it.

Thank you.

Regards,
Jayson
phil
Site Admin

Re: Actively on for Layer 2,3... and so on

Post by phil »

Yuo can switch or cycle layers with buttons or key combinations. It really depends how you want to do it. Generally with buttons, you would chose a button say button 4 or 5 to switch layers, either while the button is held down(you can do this using the layer options in the dropdown for that button (but this may be or better off using button chording these days!), or just to move to a particular layer. You can switch layers from simulated keys using the {LAYER:x} tags or {LAYER:NEXT} etc.

Or you can setup global hotkeys to activate and keep activated specific layers, or Layer modifier keys to temporarily switch layers while a key (combo) is held down, but beware that the keys you choose could interfere with other button/key opetations.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)