Select scroll method for scroll with movement of mouse

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Wimads
New User

Select scroll method for scroll with movement of mouse

Post by Wimads »

XMBC Version: v2.19.2
Windows Version: Windows 10 64 bit
Mouse Information (brand/model): Kensington Expert Mouse K64325 trackball
Relevant Computer Information (CPU, RAM etc): Intel i7 9750H; nVidia GTX 1660 Ti; 16GB RAM
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC? (If so, from what version?): no
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade? (If so, from what version?): no
How long have you used XMBC?: 1 week
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: US layout; Dutch and US-English languages

Clear description of the problem - try and include as much information as possible, including what button and mappings you are having problems with (if applicable).:

Hi all, I have searched the forum, but haven't come across this question - forgive me if it has been asked before.

I am using AutoCAD, and would like to use mouse movement for scrolling, which would make much more sense than panning when using a trackball. However, scrolling in Autocad by default functions as zooming (makes a ton of sense on a normal mouse), and unfortunately this cannot be disabled within Autocad.

However, I have found a work around in XMBC: if I set scroll method in XMBC to "SCROLL MSG" instead of the default, the scroll wheel circumvents the zooming in Autocad and functions as basic up-down scrolling, which is great.

Now here is the issue: I want to use the trackball to scroll instead of the scroll wheel. So I use "Change movement to scroll", but then it seems to use the default scrolling method again, instead of the "SCROLL MSG" method I selected.

Is there a way to prevent this? And if not, could this be considered as a feature for a future version?

EDIT: thinking about it, it would actually be great if this could be a setting that could be separated for both the scroll wheel and the "movement to scroll" (then I could keep using the wheel for zooming, and mouse movement for scrolling).
phil
Site Admin

Re: Select scroll method for scroll with movement of mouse

Post by phil »

Currently this is not possible.
Change Movement to Scroll injects mouse wheel messages to the input buffer as the cursor moves. XMBC Ignores injected messages that it has sent.
So I will have to change the "Change Movement To Scroll" window to allow you to choose the method of sending the scroll messages (Injected as now, or as the dropdown on the scrolling tab). This can be done - I will add it to the list, but I cant make any promises on time scales (and considering that Ive hardly touched XMBC in the last year, please don't expect it to be quick!).

Regards,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
Wimads
New User

Re: Select scroll method for scroll with movement of mouse

Post by Wimads »

phil wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:21 pm Currently this is not possible.
Change Movement to Scroll injects mouse wheel messages to the input buffer as the cursor moves. XMBC Ignores injected messages that it has sent.
So I will have to change the "Change Movement To Scroll" window to allow you to choose the method of sending the scroll messages (Injected as now, or as the dropdown on the scrolling tab). This can be done - I will add it to the list, but I cant make any promises on time scales (and considering that Ive hardly touched XMBC in the last year, please don't expect it to be quick!).

Regards,
Phil
That would actually be pretty perfect for my purpose. Thanks for adding it to the list! I'll wait patiently :wink: