Ctrl +Double Click

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
szophiya
New User

Ctrl +Double Click

Post by szophiya »

Hi, I've tried looking for tutorials and/or solutions to this, but couldn't find anything specific.

I assume it's a pretty simple solution, I'm just too inexpert to manage it on my own.

So, what I'm trying to achieve is a "ctrl+double click" command, to assign to my MB4.

I didn't find out how to do it and achieve the desired effect (which is to go a level above on the Adobe Illustrator object isolation mode.)

So, I appreciate any help anyone can provide.

Thanks in advance.

XMBC Version: v2.19.2
Windows Version: Windows 10
Mouse Information (brand/model): Redragon Griffin M607
How long have you used XMBC?: Less than a day
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: Spanish
phil
Site Admin

Re: Ctrl +Double Click

Post by phil »

Select Simulated keystrokes for the button you want to setup.
In there, enter {CTRL}{LMB}{CTRL}{LMB} with method 1 or two.
If that doesn't work, try {CTRL}{LMB}{LMB} with method 3

If neither work, let me know and I'll have a bit more of a think!
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
szophiya
New User

Post by szophiya »

Hi, thanks for the reply

I've tried both methods.

The first one sent me all the way out of Isolation Mode instead of one level at a time (Which is what happens with a regular Ctrl+Double Click)

The second one for some reason only zoomed in on the artboard. I don't know what's the usual command for it without using the actual "zoom" tool.

So, I'm still trying. Maybe it's an issue on Adobe Illustrator instead of XMBC. I don't know.

But again, thanks for the reply and the help.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

I dont know about adobe issistrator as Ive never used it, but there maybe others here with more of a clue about that.
I wasnt sure about the first option I gave because effectivly thats pressing ctrl, clicking once, then pressing ctrl again and clicking again - so not do much what it needs to be.

There will be a way to do it - its just going to be a case of finding the right combo....

Try this (send method 1) it might work better, holding down CTRL while the button is clicked twice!
{PRESS}{CTRL}{LMB}{LMB}{RELEASE}{CTRL}

You may need to increase the delay between the clicks slightly - you can do this by adding {WAITMS:50} in-between them or by increasing the delay between simulated keystrokes in advanced settings.
--[ Phil ]--
szophiya
New User

Post by szophiya »

Ok, so I managed to get the desired result, however it's not consistent.

I did using the following combo: {HOLDMS:500}{CTRL}{LMB}{WAITMS:100}{LMB} with send mode 3.

But as I said, it's not consistent. I have to click several times for it to work. I'm guessing this has to do with the correct timing? Like, the correct combination of the {HOLDMS:n} and {WAITMS:n} tags.

Is there any way to check and solve that? Other than trial and error, I mean.

Thanks in advance.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Did you try the previous suggestion I made? ({PRESS}{CTRL}{LMB}{LMB}{RELEASE}{CTRL}) - did it not work?

HoldMS is an odd one - I don't know for sure if it still behaves as it was intended to but in any case, there shouldn't be a different between holdms and waitms with method 3, because holdms is designed for methods 1, 2 and others that are not "during" - it is supposed to hold the next key down for the given time.... But in method 3, ALL keys are held down until the end anyway (which perhaps could be a problem with two LMB's in there)...

The more I think about it, the more I think method 3 (during) really isntr the route to go down - and the more my previous suggestion *should* work - so if it didn't, let me know.

If it comes down to tweaking delays, then its only trial and error - I don't know how else you could measure it - at the end of the day, the chances are it will be specific to how the target applicaiton handles its input, and maybe even the performance of your machine.
--[ Phil ]--
szophiya
New User

Post by szophiya »

Sorry, I forgot to mention it. I did try it. It just sent me all the way out of isolation mode.

Maybe a mix of the two methods? I'll keep trying different combinations.

Thanks in advance.
szophiya
New User

Post by szophiya »

Ok, I finally got it. The method you suggested did work. I just added the WAITMS tag.
I seems to have been an issue of where the cursor was when I clicked inside Illustrator.

I haven't pinpointed that exactly, but now it works. It's not perfect, but seems to be more consistent now.
I'll update if needed.

The combo is {PRESS}{CTRL}{LMB}{WAITMS:100}{LMB}{RELEASE}{CTRL} + Send Method 1.

You were right. Thank you so much for the help.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

No problem! Glad that one worked with the little waitms tweak!
--[ Phil ]--
szophiya
New User

Post by szophiya »

Hey there!

Quick update, months later.

I finally got the desired result! I was re-reading and trying again all the combos and what finally worked exactly as I wanted it to was this: {PRESSED}{CTRL}{LMB}{LMB} with method 2.

For future reference, in case anyone needs it: This is for Adobe Illustrator, to go back one level at a time, on object isolation mode.

So thanks again for all the help!
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Without {RELEASE}{CTRL} at the end? That could (in theory) lead to the CTRL key being stuck down until it is next pressed - not sure but that is how it was supposed to work!
--[ Phil ]--
szophiya
New User

Post by szophiya »

You're right!

Upon further testing, CTRL does get "stuck". However, if I add the release command at the end, without changing anything else, it doesn't do what I want it to anymore.

It instead goes all the way out of isolation mode, instead of going one level at a time.

I don't know why the results differ so much.

EDIT: I just tried adding the {WAITMS} command before {RELEASE} and it worked like a charm.
The resulting command string is this: {PRESS}{CTRL}{LMB}{LMB}{WAITMS:100}{RELEASE}{CTRL}

Again, thank you very much! Keep up the good work.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

interesting.... Thanks for that information. I might have to look into that - but you have a working solution so thats good!
--[ Phil ]--