XMBC not working in specific game

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
lLucifer69
New User

XMBC not working in specific game

Post by lLucifer69 »

XMBC Version: the latest one.
Windows Version: 10.
Mouse Information (brand/model): Normal Mouse (Don't have software for it).
Relevant Computer Information (CPU, RAM etc): My CPU is :- Intel Celeron G1620,
My RAM :- 6GB.
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC? (If so, from what version?):
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade? (If so, from what version?):
How long have you used XMBC?: only 2 days ago.
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: EN, Arabic.

Clear description of the problem - try and include as much information as possible, including what button and mappings you are having problems with (if applicable).:
Hi,
My XMBC not working in just specific game however it work with my friend with the same game, we both have the same windows version and same game version but still not working with me in this game, the program working generally and worked in another game but this game.. No clue why this happening
phil
Site Admin

Re: XMBC not working in specific game

Post by phil »

Hi,

What game? Does the game use Anti-cheat detection - many online games block tools like XMBC (that use MS's SendInput API) to prevent cheating.
Having said that if it works for your friend, maybe thats not the problem.

Does XMBC work in general for other applications - do the button dropdown boxes highlight in orange when you click the button?
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
lLucifer69
New User

Post by lLucifer69 »

Thanks for replying,

The game called 4story, they using nProtect gameguard, and yes it works with my friend very good but not with me, yea XMBC work in general for other application - and the the dropdown boxes be yellow when i click.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

I believe nProtect GameGuard does block applications like XMBC (that use the SendInput API).
I'm afraid I don't know why it would work on your friends machine and not yours though - thats a bit odd!

As XMBC is working elsewhere for you but not in this specific game (which is exactly what nProtect should be doing - blocking tools like XMBC), I can only imagine in this case that there is a problem with the anti-cheat software on your friends machine - that makes him lucky I guess but unfortunately there is nothing I can do to get around this game protection (nor would I want to - XMBC is a productivity tool not a cheating tool).

Regards,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
lLucifer69
New User

Post by lLucifer69 »

but what about the players who using macro mouse with software ? what is the difference, I believe both illegal in this game, so should be blocked too by nProtect Gameguard,

another thing, when the Default profile clicked and I'm opening the game the other profile that named by the game be red color for 1 or 2 sec then back black, as normal font.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

The colour change indicates the active profile. The active profile is shown in RED (or I think yellow if it is the selected line with the blue background).

So you have a profile setup for the game. Then in that case, maybe there is a problem with the process profile definition (or the detection of it). If you try setting the DEFAULT profile to your macro that isn't working in game (just for testing) does it then work in the game? If it does then perhaps the problem is with the definition of your profile. How is it set up? Just by process name?

Try turning on debug logging (settings -> logging and updates tab) OK/Apply that, then run the game & press a few buttons that should be remapped. Then send a copy of the log, and ideally a copy of your XMBC settings (save profile) to me (by PM). With a bit of luck it may give me some more ideas - especially if the problem is process detection.

As for nProtect Gameguard - I have no control over what they do or what game companies use them (or their alternatives). I guess they should block any/all cheaters or none but in reality it is much easier to detect and block software than it is hardware so blocking things like XMBC or anything that uses the SendInput API (for example) its relatively easy to detect and block. Frankly if you are using XMBC to gain an unfair advantage, I understand why the game companies might want to cut down on that, but at the eng of the day, its their game and they have the right to stop people cheating not least because if too many people do that, people will simply get fed up and stop playing (thus the company could loose its income etc. I guess that's why most online games block tools like XMBC.
--[ Phil ]--