Cursor Jumping Ingame

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
streel
New User

Cursor Jumping Ingame

Post by streel »

XMBC Version: 2.19.2
Windows Version: 10 newst updates on 13.10.2020
Mouse Information (brand/model): Mx518, Zowie Ec1-A
Relevant Computer Information (CPU, RAM etc): 9700k 16gb corsair gtx970
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC? (If so, from what version?): maybe, don't know wich it was, it's too long ago
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade? (If so, from what version?): no
How long have you used XMBC?: 2 or 3 Years
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: QWERTZ German

Clear description of the problem - try and include as much information as possible, including what button and mappings you are having problems with (if applicable).:
While in World of Warcraft pushing the Cursor over the screen and Right or left clicking (multiple times in a row) at the same time the cursor resets to the default middle position on character.

So far i discoverd that XMBC causes the problem, not every mice has the problem with XMBC. My MX518 and my Ec1-A have it, my MX master doesn't. I replaced the MX518 6 times and threw away the ec1-A before detecting that it wasn't the mice...

So anyway, i can't figure out how to stop that from happening, and it only happens in WoW, to be fair, i only play CoD: Modern Warfare 2019 as my second game. But i Ruled out WoW as the faulty source, because when i exit XMBC, the problem doesn't happen anymore.
streel
New User

Re: Cursor Jumping Ingame

Post by streel »

Do i ever get a reply? like working on it, or read your article researching?
Other posts that were made after mine are already replied

Thank you.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

You may get a reply once I read and have a useful response. There is only one of me, my time is limited, I do not spend much/any time on XMBC. It is a hobby and unfortunately I have little time for these days... Please be aware, that while I try, there is no guarantee of help and support!

In this case, I simply didn't have a particularly useful answer. This is why I did not reply initially. I still don't really have much of an idea what could cause this...

It's not something I have ever seen or experienced, I don't understand why this would be happening - especially with only some mice (that makes even less sense to me) XMBC is unaware of the source of messages so it does not know what mouse is sending the messages..... Actually this may suggest that this problem is induced by timing, that is, the only difference between mice may be the time/rate at which the mouse is sending messages to Windows and XMBC is therefore reacting to. Maybe there is a flood of messages overwhelming something - just a guess.

Have you got anything setup in XMBC for the games that show this behaviour?

I presume simply disabling XMBC (rather than exiting it completely) also "fixes" the problem?

Now the more I think about it.... There *is* some code related to working out the position of the first click when using button chording that can move the cursor position briefly (maybe enough to notice the problem in game). Are you using button chording or maybe button held actions? They may have an impact. If you are, have you tried creating a profile for WoW and setting that to "Nothing don't intercept" for all buttons (actually that is a good thing to try even if your NOT using chording!)

You could try capturing some debug log and repeat the problem, then send me a copy of the log. If you do this PLEASE make a note of the time so we can locate the log entries more easily. It may also be worth sending a copy of your profile with the log (just makes things easier to find out).
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
streel
New User

Post by streel »

Thank you for the reply, and sorry for pressureing you, i guessed that you probably have much to do, but thought, if he answers other ppl. that fast, just a notification that you got my problem on your radar would be nice. And you do, so thank you, again.

I dont know how to log. 2nd my settings are simple: nothing is changed only my middlemousebutton is set to ALT while pressed. Everything else is managed by windows and disabled in xmbc.

Can you tell me how to log that, so i can? ^^
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK I was hoping you would say that you were using chording as thats the only thing I could think may be influencing it - but your not - so its not that....
To log, settings -> Updates and Logging tab, tick the Debug log checkbox. Hit OK and then APPLY the changes.

Debug logging will turn off automatically when XMBC restarts or you can manually turn it off after you have captured the problem with logging enabled. As said, make a note of the time the problem happens so its easier to locate (debug logging is quite verbose!).

You can find the log file from the same tab in settings or on the XMBC context menu in the system tray.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)