"Change Movement to Scroll" Sticky Keys not working

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
squircle
New User

"Change Movement to Scroll" Sticky Keys not working

Post by squircle »

XMBC Version: 2.19.2 Portable
Windows Version: Windows 7
Mouse Information (brand/model): Microsoft Trackball Explorer
Relevant Computer Information (CPU, RAM etc): Intel i5 2500k, 16gb DDR3 ram
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC? (If so, from what version?): No
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade? (If so, from what version?): No
How long have you used XMBC?: 1 month
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: English US, Qwerty

Clear description of the problem - try and include as much information as possible, including what button and mappings you are having problems with (if applicable).:

My Change Movement to Scroll (Sticky) does not work consistently. Most of the time, it doesn't work at all.

I have mapped middle click to be Change Movement to Scroll (Sticky). But it works intermittently. When it doesn't work, the cursor turns into the hand, turns back into a cursor, then the cursor jitters up and down, left and right. When it does work, the cursor turns into the hand, into the cursor, then it works as intended.

I do not have any problems with Change Movement to Scroll without the Sticky. In my Layer 2, I have Middle Click: Change Movement to Scroll and it works as expected as long as I'm holding down the middle mouse button.

Troubleshooting and temporary solutions:
I've tried restarting XMBC, and I've tried remapping the command to other buttons. The only solution that sometimes works is restarting the computer, but that is only temporary before it stops working again. I normally sleep my computer instead of turning it off.
phil
Site Admin

Re: "Change Movement to Scroll" Sticky Keys not working

Post by phil »

When it does not work, are you also using layer 2? If so, how are you activating layer 2?
I just tried it here (on layer 1) and it worked as expected several times in a row - but maybe running on a different layer may be the problem....
I also need to try it on the portable version in case that's related I guess.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
squircle
New User

Post by squircle »

When it does not work, are you also using layer 2? If so, how are you activating layer 2?

When Change Movement to Scroll (sticky) does not work, I am not using Layer 2. I am using Layer 1.

I am activating Layer 2 by tapping on Mouse 5 with Simulated Keys: Pressed {Layer 2} as a makeshift version of Layer 2 (Sticky). Layer 2 has Middle Click: Change Movement to Scroll (Non-sticky), which works fine.

I have tested deleting all existing profiles/layers and making new profiles with Change Movement to Scroll(sticky) but they do not work. I have tested on 2.19.2 Portable and 2.19.1 Portable.

I just woke my computer from sleep and it is working fine now, but I expect it to not work again soon. If it doesn't work again, I will try using the installed app.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK,

While you are testing, and it is *not* working, turn on debug logging (settings logging/update tab) OK & Apply that - and then capture the problem again - this time lots of info will be logged in the log file. Once you have done that, send me a copy of the log file (PM it to me here to email it to me phil [at] highrez dot co [dot] uk - that way I can at least see if there is anything strange going on in the logs.

Regards,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
squircle
New User

Post by squircle »

It was working fine all day and then I walked away to eat dinner and watch tv and now it doesn't work anymore.

I have the debugging log, but I am unable to attach files, even in PMs.

I am unable to attach files right now; I might not have enough posts to qualify for the file sharing permission, so I will make more posts until I have that permission.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Yes, you need 4 or 5 posts to attach logs (so either it will work now OR after your next post) or just email it to me at the address I gave previously.
EDIT: But I will remove the limitation on your account manually if its not already happened organically!
--[ Phil ]--
squircle
New User

Post by squircle »

After days of working fine, Change Movement to Scroll (Sticky) stopped working again.

I've emailed you a log of it while it wasn't working.