Info/FR: Logitech M720 Triathlon mouse with 8 buttons

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Stephaen
New User

Info/FR: Logitech M720 Triathlon mouse with 8 buttons

Post by Stephaen »

Hi Pill,

Just for info: I just bought a Logitech M720 Triathlon mouse. This is a really great product, the best mouse I have used up to now. One of the specificities of this mouse is that it has 8 buttons, not 7 as the usual mice.
I can without problem configure all buttons using the dedicated "Logitech Options" software but it would also be nice to be able to configure the eighth button using XMBC, which is currently not possible as the number of configurable buttons is limited to 7. :(

Regards,

Stephaen
phil
Site Admin

Re: Info/FR: Logitech M720 Triathlon mouse with 8 buttons

Post by phil »

Hi Stephaen,

I guess you didn't look in the FAQ as that explains why XMBC only allows you to map 5 buttons, scroll wheel and tilt. I don't want to repeat myself again as I have said so many times, so I will just provide another link the the reason in the FAQ but in short, Windows itself only knows about 5 buttons in the mouse hooks - so until Microsoft change that there is nothing I can do.

See "My mouse has more than 5 buttons. How can I configure these buttons?
Can you add support for more buttons?" -> https://forums.highrez.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=101
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Re: Info/FR: Logitech M720 Triathlon mouse with 8 buttons

Post by Kukurykus »

You really need front / start page, with beautyful white mouse inside, arrows to each button with description like left, right, 4th, 5th, middle, tilt left, tilt right, scroll up, scroll down :) In one of the corners write bold red letters, XMBC is for Windows users, only for the buttons you see in the middle. In other corner mention of Simulated Keystrokes, Button Chordings and Button Held, and something more. In two other corners write answeres to most common questions, so like that from this and many other topics, basicly you can choose just few FAQ items you consider are most important. Make it is nice for eyes and people will read it before visit forum ;)
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-4670K @ 3.40GHz, 8GB,
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, Intel SSD 179 GB HDD