glitch with windows 10 v2004

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
newsmedia
New User

glitch with windows 10 v2004

Post by newsmedia »

XMBC Version: latest
Windows Version: 10 v2004 64-bit
Mouse Information (brand/model): Mikomi AM-M259 8 button
Relevant Computer Information (CPU, RAM etc): CPU Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3GHz; RAM 4GB
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC? (If so, from what version?): No
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade? (If so, from what version?): Yes 1909 - 2004
How long have you used XMBC?: several years
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: English

Clear description of the problem - try and include as much information as possible, including what button and mappings you are having problems with (if applicable).:

I have been using XMouse Button Control for several years without any issues.
Since upgrading my system to Windows 10 v2004 64-bit, the program functions for a while then seems to quit any connection to the mouse.

When this happens, opening the program and pressing any mouse button produces no reaction on the button assignment page.

The only was to fix this I have found is to re-install the program and tick the option to delete previous settings.

Yet after a short while the same issue returns again.

Anyone have any info on this?

Rgds
Keith
phil
Site Admin

Re: glitch with windows 10 v2004

Post by phil »

Hi Keith,

I'm running 2004 (just released) on both my laptop and desktop - Ive not noticed this. Have a look in the log and see if there are any errors/warning. I suspect the hook timeout (I have increased mine - the default is often too low and if it times out, windows removes the hook and you will get the effect you see (disable/enable XMBC should fix it until it happens again). If it is that, you can increase the Windows hook timeout in the advanced settings tab (but it requires a reboot to take affect).

Regards,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
newsmedia
New User

Post by newsmedia »

Thanks Phil - I've increased the hook timeout as suggested and recreated the profile - all seems to be OK now :D

Best Wishes and thanks again
Keith
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK thats good and a relief - its always a bit of a gamble with a significant Windows update (like 2004 is).
I upgraded three machines last week and haven't yet noticed anything strange going on - but I do wonder if the default hook timeouts have changed (I think it was 200ms in previous Windows 10 builds but as I increased mine anyway it wont have been using the Windows default).

I often test on insider builds but I didn't get round to that this time around :(.

Thanks for letting me know it helped and shout if you notice anything else!
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)