Have to click inside window to activate scrolling

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
ragkag
New User

Have to click inside window to activate scrolling

Post by ragkag »

XMBC Version:
Windows Version: 10 x64
Mouse Information (brand/model): Logitech MX Master
Relevant Computer Information (CPU, RAM etc): Intel i7-3930k 16Gb
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC?(If so, from what version?): No
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade? (If so, from what version?): No
How long have you used XMBC?: 2+ years
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: US

Clear description of the problem - try and include as much information as possible, including what button and mappings you are having problems with (if applicable).:

I'm using X-Mouse 2.19.2 and under settings I have "Make scroll wheel scroll windows under cursor" checked.
This works for ALL Apps except for one, I have to click inside the window in order to be able to use the scroll wheel. I was just curious why only this one app behaves in this manner.

Thanks for such a helpful utility.
phil
Site Admin

Re: Have to click inside window to activate scrolling

Post by phil »

Probably because that one isnt behaving when the scroll messages are "redirected" to the window. Maybe the redirected messages need to go somewhere else (like its parent or another path). As you didn't specify what Window, I can only guess.

There are many windows that do this - especially browsers. XMBC already has lots of "if its that window then behave differently" but obviously, I cant find them all - so you may have just found a new one. What is it?
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
ragkag
New User

Re: Have to click inside window to activate scrolling

Post by ragkag »

It's a backup program called KLS Backup 2019 Professional. They do have a trial so you could download it if you want to "play around" but please don't waste too much time with it. As I said it's the only app that shows this behavior.

Thanks again for such a useful program.

Bob Gregory