Individual de-bounce setting question

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
eduardorac
New User

Individual de-bounce setting question

Post by eduardorac »

Hello!
I just stumbled upon your software recently trying to remedy a double click problem I am having until I can either fix it or buy another mouse.
But I have found that to achieve this I need a quite long ignore window (250ms), so I come with a question, since I am only having this problem with a single mouse button (right click), and leaving it at 250ms really hurts other uses, is there a setting to enable de-bounce individually for a button (just the right click in this case)? If not, would that be possible?
I don't find myself wanting to double click with the right mouse button very often, so for all I care that could be 500ms, it is just that for left clicking, even 250ms is a lot.
phil
Site Admin

Re: Individual de-bounce setting question

Post by phil »

Hi, unfortunately it is not possible right now to configure this per button. It would be possible to do so but I doubt the timeframe would be suitable - I'm just about to release 2.19 so that's currently in feature freeze (I'm waiting for information on one remaining bug before going live). I could put it in there but it would have to be GUI-less (as in something you would have to manually put into the settings file by hand, rather than options in the setup screen) but even that is risky at this stage. Preferably I would wait until the 2.20 beta run....

I had this problem the other day and I bought a new mouse. I didn't like the new mouse so I fixed the old mouse - but I'm still handy with a soldering iron and I already had the replacement button switches as its not the first time Ive had this problem. Mouse buttons tend to be rated for only a few million clicks, which for power users/gamers may not be as long as some might think!
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
eduardorac
New User

Re: Individual de-bounce setting question

Post by eduardorac »

Thank you for the reply!
It is good to know that it is a possible feature for future releases, even if not soon, I think that would be a good setting to have.
And yeah, I have messed with this mouse's switches a couple times already, by opening the switch and trying to get the spring inside shape back to its original shape, doing that worked for quite some time, but as I said I have done that a couple times already and doing it now doesn't last as long anymore, the spring material must have fatigued too much already.
I thought about just replacing the switch as well since I can do some small work with a soldering iron but unfortunately, ordering a new switch isn't quite feasible in my country, thanks to long delays on international shipment and also possible large import taxes, so I just ended up ordering a mouse instead.
Hopefully I don't have to go back to my old one as you did :P