XMBC 2.19 Beta

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
injtsvetkov
Fanatic

Re: XMBC 2.19 Beta

Post by injtsvetkov »

untitled3.JPG
1. I have the themes/visual effects disabled. When I enable debug logging I see (barely) the red glowing but it still is on the black background.

2. I was thinking it might be something about the 'default' profile... but anyway I found a workaround: {MWUP}{DEL} works fine - deletes and scrolls up simultaneously.

3. Yep, there was the number 16 in one of the boxes, I don't know how it got there since I've never used this feature, but changing it to 9 did the thing. Thanks Phil!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HAMA Mirano
Windows 8.1 x64, Intel i5-3230M @ 2.60GHz, 4GB
maxoku
Committed

Post by maxoku »

I'm sorry, but I noticed that overlay is in strange position with hand cursor. :?
hand dots.jpg
hand green.jpg
hand green 3.jpg
hand red.jpg
hand lay.jpg

And btw for the hand cursor I use the default one, so it's not my fault this time. :lol:
Edit: Though I changed the hand cursor for the custom one from my set and it's good now, strange. 🤔
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dolmatov
Committed

Post by Dolmatov »

It looks like a cursor display error.
The layer number is displayed after applying the settings, and not after changing the layer. At least it looks like it's a layer number.

Video, log, settings - 20.4 Mb:
http://moemesto.ru/Alex_dolmatov/file/1 ... 062549.zip
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TM676y ... sp=sharing
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Dolmatov wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:34 am It looks like a cursor display error.
The layer number is displayed after applying the settings, and not after changing the layer. At least it looks like it's a layer number.

Video, log, settings - 20.4 Mb:
http://moemesto.ru/Alex_dolmatov/file/1 ... 062549.zip
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TM676y ... sp=sharing
Just to be clear, the layer number should be present at all times (not when a button is pressed) IF you have it turned on. You don't have it turned on and yet it did appear when you applied settings.... thats a bug - it should never appear if it is turned off!
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

maxoku wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:21 pm I'm sorry, but I noticed that overlay is in strange position with hand cursor. :?
hand dots.jpghand green.jpghand green 3.jpg
hand red.jpghand lay.jpg

And btw for the hand cursor I use the default one, so it's not my fault this time. :lol:
Edit: Though I changed the hand cursor for the custom one from my set and it's good now, strange. 🤔
Yes some cursors seem to work differently. I don't know why/what is different about them. The "default" (no scheme applied) cursors all seem small and the overlay goes over/under the cursor. The other selections, the cursor looks the same but somehow the image is bigger and the overlay is not under/above the actual cursor. I don't know why some are different - they all appear to be 32x32 images - maybe Windows is scaling them differently. But either way, the overlays are all 32x32 and with some cursors its partly obscured. However, the effect is still the same and you can still see there is an overlay, so I'm not worried about it/going to spend any more effort on that!
--[ Phil ]--
maxoku
Committed

Post by maxoku »

It's not a big deal for me especially after changing cursor it works properly. Both cursors are practically the same so that's why I haven't change it the first place with the rest of the cursors. Though after closer investigation the default cursor is positioned on the bottom right and mine is on top left. 🤔 The rest cursors are centered.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

injtsvetkov wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:24 pm 1. I have the themes/visual effects disabled. When I enable debug logging I see (barely) the red glowing but it still is on the black background.
I tried disabling themes and visual effects on my XP VM and still I cant get the black background to appear. I think I will have to leave that one for now!
systray.png
injtsvetkov wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:24 pm 3. Yep, there was the number 16 in one of the boxes, I don't know how it got there since I've never used this feature, but changing it to 9 did the thing.
Weird, not sure how that can happen, but I will add a little bit of code to make sure it wont be <1 >10 when opening the window - that way if somehow the settings file get change manually or something it will fix rather than complain!.
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Happy New Year! Here is 2.19 Beta 19...

If you have check for beta versions enabled, you should get notified of a new version and prompted to update in the next day or so. This is the most efficient method (bandwidth wise) as the updates are only a fraction of the size of the full install. Otherwise, you can get the full installation beta HERE. Note that this link will always get you the latest beta version!

NOTE: 2.19 Beta 1 and 2 had an incorrect version number internally and therefore the update check may fail. In this case, please manually install using the link above!

Changes since v2.19 Beta 19:
  • #667 - Fixed a bug introduced in 2.18.6 breaking buttons assigned to Media keys.
  • #581 - Fixed issue causing layer cursor overlay to show when disabled.
There are NO changes to the language template file for 2.19 Beta 19.

I think we are finally getting there....
Someone has had the nerve to report a bug with simulated keystrokes (mode 6) #668 which I cant reproduce and am waiting further input - it may be that I have to fix it if and when I can reproduce/figure out what is happening - so will wait till I have a bit more information on that before continuing with release/another beta.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

phil wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:28 pmPS you don't need to reset your PC to flush your DNS cache. Just do an "ipconfig /flushdns" from the command line (lol).
It works but if first I exit XMBC, then use Command Line with ipconfig /flushdns and launch XMBC again.
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-4670K @ 3.40GHz, 8GB,
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, Intel SSD 179 GB HDD
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

I have no idea whether it worked or I haven't noticed it till now but in Simulated Keystrokes window there's now unconvinient behaviour. I tried it for few support keys only and found it works correctly only for CTRL:

- when I press CTRL and I hold LMB at {} icon, the text cursor is skipping to end of line.

Unfortunatelly when I try it with other support keys the focus on the blank is deactivated.

Of course that is not right way of doing that for any key (incl. CTRL). In first instance we should hold {} to press some support key. In all cases I tested, text cursor goes away instead of showing after entered text.

EDIT: the command / key chosen from dropdown list works as should, so please make it for {} as well ;)
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Kukurykus wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:02 pm I have no idea whether it worked or I haven't noticed it till now but in Simulated Keystrokes window there's now unconvinient behaviour. I tried it for few support keys only and found it works correctly only for CTRL:

- when I press CTRL and I hold LMB at {} icon, the text cursor is skipping to end of line.

Unfortunatelly when I try it with other support keys the focus on the blank is deactivated.

Of course that is not right way of doing that for any key (incl. CTRL). In first instance we should hold {} to press some support key. In all cases I tested, text cursor goes away instead of showing after entered text.

EDIT: the command / key chosen from dropdown list works as should, so please make it for {} as well ;)
Oh yes, definitely something wrong in there... It did work once - I'm sure... FFS!
--[ Phil ]--
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

Kukurykus wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:33 pmIt works but if first I exit XMBC, then use Command Line with ipconfig /flushdns and launch XMBC again.
If the new update is available can XMBC see that while I'm clicking 'Check for update...', but because DNS is not flushed they can't be made? If so maybe in such case you could force XMBC to close itself, fulsh DNS as continuateion of process to open XMBC and start making update?

Not everyone knows command prompt trick, wants to reset computer or make fresh installation.

Ps. that would only not work when Settings panel is not open at time of checking for updates.
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Kukurykus wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:29 pm
Kukurykus wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:33 pmIt works but if first I exit XMBC, then use Command Line with ipconfig /flushdns and launch XMBC again.
If the new update is available can XMBC see that while I'm clicking 'Check for update...', but because DNS is not flushed they can't be made? If so maybe in such case you could XMBC forces to close itself, fulsh DNS (as continuateion of process) to open XMBC and start making update?
XMBC asks Windows what the DNS record is. If the number comes back > the current version, it says yes there is an update. Windows caches DNS (as do DNS servers) so there will be a little delay (depending on your DNS client and DNS servers and the TTL (time to live) on the DNS record (I think thats 1 hour). It works perfectly 99.9% of the time for 99.9% of users, It is not worth changing it just for those beta users that want it NOW - esp. if they know its available (because if you know its available, you already know how to get it).
You shouldn't have to exit XMBC (I certainly don't). All ipconfig /flushdns does it tell Widows to flush the cache so next time XMBC asks, it is forced to go back to your DNS server (which may or may not still be using a cached entry!).
--[ Phil ]--
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

Another bug:

In SimKeys holding {} button and pressing any of two enters gives no effect (but it used to work).

Another request:

May you next to {} button make M button, when clicked it waits for one of 9 avialable mouse inputs?*

*or checkbox, when clicked it's going to be filled. Then clicking / rolling / tilting anywhere on screen won't do anything (so like by 'block original mouse input'). It's going only to listen to mouse input to enter into text area (for ex. {LMB}), and when done untick itself the checkbox to let for normal interaction.
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
injtsvetkov
Fanatic

Post by injtsvetkov »

phil wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:18 pm Someone has had the nerve to report a bug with simulated keystrokes (mode 6) #668 which I cant reproduce and am waiting further input...
I don't know who and when has reported that bug. Can you give me some clues (or a link) to see what exactly is it about and I'll be happy to make some tests :)
HAMA Mirano
Windows 8.1 x64, Intel i5-3230M @ 2.60GHz, 4GB