XMBC 2.19 Beta

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
phil
Site Admin

Re: XMBC 2.19 Beta

Post by phil »

Yes but in 2.19 beta 16 there is a real bug where it ignores the checkbox, thus unable to reset it!.
I have fixed that. I'm not changing anything else unless its broken!
btw. we just crossed 281 posts long
Thats just a sad reflection of how many attempts it has taken to get these damn cursors right!
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Here is 2.19 Beta 17...

If you have check for beta versions enabled, you should get notified of a new version and prompted to update in the next day or so. This is the most efficient method (bandwidth wise) as the updates are only a fraction of the size of the full install. Otherwise, you can get the full installation beta HERE. Note that this link will always get you the latest beta version!

NOTE: 2.19 Beta 1 and 2 had an incorrect version number internally and therefore the update check may fail. In this case, please manually install using the link above!

Changes since v2.19 Beta 16:
  • #666 - Fixed a issue loosing active profile when typing with the mouse cursor over another window with a profile assigned. The active profile incorrectly reset to the foreground window Only noticed this long-standing bug after fixing #581 (below) after changes
  • #581 - Applied same blury edge fix to layer overlays as button held/chording
    Fixed Broken app/profile set cursor (unable to un-tick)
    Layer overlays not visible while chording/button held overlays are shown
    Fixed issues with layer overlays on profile specific cursor
There are NO changes to the language template file for 2.19 Beta 15, 16 or 17.
Hopefully this will fix all the various cursor overlay issues. Please let me know if not!

If all goes to plan, this is the final beta and I'll try and release 2.19 either just before the end of the month- but we shall see!

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
maxoku
Committed

Post by maxoku »

Yes, it's good now. 👍
Thanks Phil for fixing. :D
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Can I quote you on that :D :D :D
Phew - about time.
I'll let it gain some traction before I'm comfortable though :)
--[ Phil ]--
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

Number 10 is not centered in white transparent layer balloon :( There is another preposterous bug:

If I set Layer Hotkeys for Next / Previous layer, the Next shortcut works fine, but Previous shortcut though activates certain layer (what I see for ex. via balloon notification) it skips every 2 layers on cursor balloon.

For instance, starting from Layer 10 I can see cursor layer number only for layers 8, 6, 4, 2 and so on...

I found the solution for it. When I set other (custom) colour of cursor for certain Profile / Application the cursor layer balloon works for all layers again (so while I am pressing shortcut to set previous ones).

This is solution till you fix this bug as personally I prefer to use default colour cursor for all my apps.
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-4670K @ 3.40GHz, 8GB,
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, Intel SSD 179 GB HDD
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

maxoku wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:43 pm Yes, it's good now. 👍
There, knew it wouldnt be long!
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Kukurykus wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:26 pm Number 10 is not centered in white transparent layer balloon :(
The balloon size is calculated by calling the OS to get the text size, then adding a 2 pixel border each side - so if the text is an odd number of pixels that will happen - I cant change that easily so that one you will have to live with (or I could make 10 work and all the others not work if you prefer :)).
Kukurykus wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:26 pm If I set Layer Hotkeys for Next / Previous layer, the Next shortcut works fine, but Previous shortcut though activates certain layer (what I see for ex. via balloon notification) it skips every 2 layers on cursor balloon.

For instance, starting from Layer 10 I can see cursor layer number only for layers 8, 6, 4, 2 and so on...

I found the solution for it. When I set other (custom) colour of cursor for certain Profile / Application the cursor layer balloon works for all layers again (so while I am pressing shortcut to set previous ones).

This is solution till you fix this bug as personally I prefer to use default colour cursor for all my apps.
Well so it does - how bizarre. I will attempt to figure that one out and fix that.
--[ Phil ]--
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

So 10 is centered for you and others, but not for me? :cry:
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

No, 10 is one pixel out... all the others are centered (as far as I can see (I have to use magnifier to even see it).
But if I fix 10, it will break 1 through 9. So I propose not to change it.

EDIT: Actually, found a simple fix...
PS do you suffer from OCD by any chance !! :)
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Here is 2.19 Beta 18...

If you have check for beta versions enabled, you should get notified of a new version and prompted to update in the next day or so. This is the most efficient method (bandwidth wise) as the updates are only a fraction of the size of the full install. Otherwise, you can get the full installation beta HERE. Note that this link will always get you the latest beta version!

NOTE: 2.19 Beta 1 and 2 had an incorrect version number internally and therefore the update check may fail. In this case, please manually install using the link above!

Changes since v2.19 Beta 18:
  • #581 - Fixed missing cursor overlay(s) when using previous layer.
    Fixed centered text on layer 10 overlay.
    Fixed incorrect cursor overlay when using LockXY/MTS cursor with layer overlay.
There are NO changes to the language template file for 2.19 Beta 18.
I think we are finally getting there....
If all goes to plan, this is the final beta and I'll try and release 2.19 early next year - but we shall see!

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

phil wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:57 pmPS do you suffer from OCD by any chance !! :)
I think is some degree yes, but what I heard on Adobe forums from one moderator makes me feel I don't.

Few months ago Adobe moved their forums from Jive to new platform. What's good now they weren't dependent on forum strict features, as this platform offered everything to set using programming skills.

The only what noone could figure out how to solve problem of nesting replies in nested replies, since if someone replied to nested reply that was over other(s) replies they couldn't be visible as another nested reply, but was placed in same level that nested reply of nested reply (so the post(s) to original question plus 2 levels deep nested replies maximally).

That moderator confessed he's got 'obsessive compulsive disorder' and he must read every single post in the thread he visits. What's terribly bad when on new forum he visited threads he once has read and then after some time someone added another post to few pages long thread (inside some middle page as nested reply to nested reply - so visually on the same level), he had to browse all pages again and read everything untill he recalled certain posts to recognise that new one.

It seems my OCD doesn't exists at all comparing mine case to his, I'm more pedant :rofl:
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

phil wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:10 pmFixed centered text on layer 10 overlay.
10 is now 1 pixel to close to left :evil:

Using Previous Layers shortcut works as should now. But there is something I think wasn't present before. When I have coloured cursor and I switch layer it's turning into white to become blue again. Not too nice.

There is much delay with Notification Balloons, when I switch fastly 10 layers one by one, not all show, but only some, and when I click them then every second :D (the same was before newest update)

666 is cute number to add at top of your first page list and finish this thread before we find more bugs ;)
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Kukurykus wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:56 pm
phil wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:10 pmFixed centered text on layer 10 overlay.
10 is now 1 pixel to close to left :evil:
yes so its now centered correctly is it not (it is for me)
Kukurykus wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:56 pm Using Previous Layers shortcut works as should now. But there is something I think wasn't present before. When I have coloured cursor and I switch layer it's turning into white to become blue again. Not too nice.
Thats the flicker I talked about a few days ago - I cant do anything about that - I don't notice it but my computer is pretty high spec - may be relevant. I have to Tell Windows to reset all the cursors as thats the only way to do it - Windows isn't really designed for this cursor magic! The onl way to fix that would be to change Windows and I cant do that! ITs something people will have to live with I'm afraid.
Kukurykus wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:56 pm There is much delay with Notification Balloons, when I switch fastly 10 layers one by one, not all show, but only some, and when I click them then every second :D (the same was before newest update)
No change to the code - I can only imagine its because the cursor changes that more resource from Windows notifications. Turn off the cursor overlays and see if its better. Personally I don't use layer balloons as they are too in your face.
[/quote]
Kukurykus wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:56 pm 666 is cute number to add at top of your first page list and finish this thread before we find more bugs ;)
Qute isn't how I would describe the Devils number - but I'm not particularly superstitious! :lol:
--[ Phil ]--
injtsvetkov
Fanatic

Post by injtsvetkov »

1. On winXP the system tray icon has black (rectangular) background but when I disable XMBC it changes to the grey icon and the black background disappears. I can live with that since it's not a biggie, but anyway I think you should be aware.

2. I've set {DEL} to 'Wheel up' in the default profile. In Firefox it works fine but in excel it only works when 'Block original mouse input' is enabled (only deletes without scrolling), when it's disabled - it only scrolls but does not delete.

3. When I open the 'Settings' window if I click on the 'Pointer' tab "Enter an integer between 1 and 10" message pops up. When I click OK it disappears and then I see the tab content. After that when I click any other tab that message pops up again but this time when I click OK it doesn't move the other tab, it stays only on the 'Pointer' tab.

These are all on winXP but I can't test on other OS soon. Maybe someone else could try on newer OS and say how it is.
HAMA Mirano
Windows 8.1 x64, Intel i5-3230M @ 2.60GHz, 4GB
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

injtsvetkov wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:12 pm 1. On winXP the system tray icon has black (rectangular) background but when I disable XMBC it changes to the grey icon and the black background disappears. I can live with that since it's not a biggie, but anyway I think you should be aware.
Not seeing that on WIndows 10... If you enable debugging, does the icon with the black background change to an icon with a red circle (behind it)/outlining it. How about you send a screenshot - it looks to be working fine for me in Windows XP...
xmbcxp.png
injtsvetkov wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:12 pm 2. I've set {DEL} to 'Wheel up' in the default profile. In Firefox it works fine but in excel it only works when 'Block original mouse input' is enabled (only deletes without scrolling), when it's disabled - it only scrolls but does not delete.
Well I guess that must be how Excel handles the scroll message. If the cell is not active, perhaps it does not delete (and scrolling probably changes the cell focus/active state). I'm afraid there is nothing XMBC can do about that - its down to the application receiving the messages as to how it handles them.
injtsvetkov wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:12 pm 3. When I open the 'Settings' window if I click on the 'Pointer' tab "Enter an integer between 1 and 10" message pops up. When I click OK it disappears and then I see the tab content. After that when I click any other tab that message pops up again but this time when I click OK it doesn't move the other tab, it stays only on the 'Pointer' tab.
Have you set numbers in each of the four cycle speed input boxes? This message is the windows default message when a value if out of range in a spin control. So my only thought is that the 4 spin controls may be empty/uninitialized - I cant seem to reproduce it here though - maybe its on upgrade if you havnt yet set the numbers (they should default to valid values though :()
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
--[ Phil ]--