XMBC 2.19 Beta

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Dolmatov
Committed

Re: XMBC 2.19 Beta

Post by Dolmatov »

phil wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:18 pm if you indeed celebrate/take them
Fanatic never sleep and always in real time Image
__
Happy New Year, mouse Image
One, two, free, Christmas tree Image (joke)
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

The flicker will happen between every change of the cursor - but how you see it (or not) will depend exactly how busy Windows and your CPU (and your eyes) are at the moment it occurs. I don't like it but there is not a lot I can do about it - short of reading the registry and loading the .CUR files manually rather than just telling Windows itself to "reset" them (which may or may not be more resource intensive - not sure)... Maybe thats the route to take... But to be fair over the last few days this whole cursor thing has become a beast - what with some .CUR files that don't have 32bit ARGB transparency (like the most recent windows 7-10 cursors (lol ye thats recent - like 15 years ago!) not working properly - iIm now forced to find a solution to something as old as Windows XP (or before)... And frankly thats annoying as hell but also a pain if it does not work. so ... Meh!!!...

<Christmas rant> I was trying to get 2.19 out this year (perhaps for the sake of saying I hadn't wasted a whole year doing nothing (which wouldn't be close to being true) and for saying maybe I was able to continue as usual after my set back last year (2018) that I worried may end XMBC for good... Well it hasn't yet and with a bit of luck it wont in the near future - if I can manage to regulate by time and not be sat at a computer until 5am pulling my hair out (like I was last night) ... </rant over hopefully>

I may be back on this between Christmas and new year (I managed to get two solid weeks of work but most of the time I'll be away from home). But either way, I wish you all a merry Christmas and Happy New Year - thank you all for your support and help testing, translating and improving XMBC; I do appreciate it (even if sometimes it sounds and feels like I don't!! :lol: ).

Regards to you and yours!
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Dolmatov wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:21 pm
phil wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:18 pm if you indeed celebrate/take them
Fanatic never sleep and always in real time Image
__
Happy New Year, mouse Image
One, two, free, Christmas tree Image (joke)
Love it - and was about to ask where those emoticons came from until I replied and saw the links offsite ..... nice :)
--[ Phil ]--
injtsvetkov
Fanatic

Post by injtsvetkov »

Thank you for the wishes Phil! I wish all the same to you! Enjoy the last days of the year and don't be too hard on yourself. Sometimes "what you want" and "what's best for you" are completely different things.
HAMA Mirano
Windows 8.1 x64, Intel i5-3230M @ 2.60GHz, 4GB
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Here is 2.19 Beta 16...

If you have check for beta versions enabled, you should get notified of a new version and prompted to update in the next day or so. This is the most efficient method (bandwidth wise) as the updates are only a fraction of the size of the full install. Otherwise, you can get the full installation beta HERE. Note that this link will always get you the latest beta version!

NOTE: 2.19 Beta 1 and 2 had an incorrect version number internally and therefore the update check may fail. In this case, please manually install using the link above!

Changes since v2.19 Beta 15:
  • #581 - Restructured cursor overlay code...
    Fixed vanishing cursors when using some custom .cur files.
    Fixed blurry edges of cursor when overlay is applied.
    Fixed missing overlays when movement to scroll, lock X&Y cursor visible.
    Added semi-transparent background to layer notification cursor so it is visible on
    dark and light backgrounds.
    Fixed layer cursor notification being lost when cursors changed (eg. chord/button held)
    Fixed layer cursor overwriting (on-top) of previous layer cursor.
There are NO changes to the language template file for 2.19 Beta 15.
Hopefully this will fix all the various cursor overlay issues. Please let me know if not!

If all goes to plan, this is the final beta and I'll try and release 2.19 either just before the end of the month- but we shall see!

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
Dolmatov
Committed

Post by Dolmatov »

phil wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:51 am full installation beta HERE
Redirect to

Code: Select all

https://dvps.highrez.co.uk/downloads/XMouseButtonControlSetup.2.19%20Beta16.e.xe
Because
The requested URL /downloads/XMouseButtonControlSetup.2.19 Beta16.e.xe was not found on this server.
Use link https://dvps.highrez.co.uk/downloads/XM ... Beta16.exe before fix.
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

Digits (incl. 10) indicating active layer are horizontally aligned 1px to right in round balloon. Center them?

In Photoshop on black workspace background I see in half transparent ballon randomally spreaded white pixels. So when balloon is grey (as it is mix of white and dark) there are additionally about 20 percent white pixels around the number or in any other spots. It looks ike some of them are not transparent.

What is problem the cursor is again white shadowed when layers are activated. I think that can be corrected, since previously you were able to eliminate this effect for Button Held / Chording.

Only layers 1, 2, 3 and 10 are not ticked for 'Disable in Next / Previous layer commands' for Deafult profile. For 2 years I used only first 2 and never for default profile. Is that option for 4 - 9 with fresh install ticked?
Last edited by Kukurykus on Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-4670K @ 3.40GHz, 8GB,
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, Intel SSD 179 GB HDD
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Dolmatov wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:06 am
phil wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:51 am full installation beta HERE
Redirect to

Code: Select all

https://dvps.highrez.co.uk/downloads/XMouseButtonControlSetup.2.19%20Beta16.e.xe
Because
The requested URL /downloads/XMouseButtonControlSetup.2.19 Beta16.e.xe was not found on this server.
Use link https://dvps.highrez.co.uk/downloads/XM ... Beta16.exe before fix.
Fixed typo in url - thanks
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Kukurykus wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:47 am Digits (incl. 10) indicating active layer are horizontally aligned 1px to right in round balloon. Center them?

In Photoshop on black workspace background I see in half transparent ballon randomally spreaded white pixels. So when balloon is grey (as it is mix of white and dark) there are additionally about 20 percent white pixels around the number or in any other spots. It looks ike some of them are not transparent.

What is problem the cursor is again white shadowed when layers are activated. I think that can be corrected, since previously you were able to eliminate this effect for Button Held / Chording.
OK the white pixels is because the text has alpha-blending around the edges, and I guess I'm then stripping the alpha channel when it shouldn't.
I'll see what can be done. May be that i have to disable text smoothing OR try and figure out the alpha some other way. As for centering, I think that may be alpha at play too. but the simple answer may be to make the round rectangle one pixel wider...

I will await further feedback from Maxoku to see if its working for his cursors (I think it is but need confirmation) before making any more changes.
--[ Phil ]--
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

phil wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:16 am(...)but the simple answer may be to make the round rectangle one pixel wider...
It's what I wanted to suggest ;) (or narrow the balloon from left side of 1 pixel)

Ps. I edited my previous post while you were replying to, so please check last 2 lines.
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Kukurykus wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:47 am Only layers 1, 2, 3 and 10 are not ticked for 'Disable in Next / Previous layer commands' for Deafult profile. For 2 years I used only first 2 and never for default profile. Is that option for 4 - 9 with fresh install ticked?
On a fresh install, this option should not be ticked for any layer (and it should not be be different for one layer than another on a fresh install - all layers are initialized by the same one piece of code (the object constructor) I will check but not tonight.
--[ Phil ]--
maxoku
Committed

Post by maxoku »

Seems to be fixed, but another bug came out. If in option change mouse cursor when profile is active something was chosen then option still works even if unticked. It makes also some overlays to appear wrongly or stay with some cursors like text one.
Btw it's strange that by default there's nothing chosen, but if I choose something I can't go back to choose that nothing again. :lol:
Btw 2: It seems to lose ability to recognize if changes has been undone and require to apply changes even if there are none.
Last edited by maxoku on Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

maxoku wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:47 pm Seems to be fixed, but another bug came out. If in option change mouse cursor when profile is active something was chosen then option still works even if unticked. It makes also some overlays to appear wrongly or stay with some cursors like text one.
Btw it's strange that by default there's nothing chosen, but if I choose something I can't go back to choose that nothing again. :lol:
Glad that the issue is "fixed" - I will apply the same technique to the layer notification cursor. That seems to be working too here.
I will look at the per-app cursor - maybe I broke that when changing it all around (probably - I didnt test that lol - oops).
Nothing chosen is the same as unticked... Not particually strange... just the way list boxes work when nothing in the list is selected... (nothing is NOT in the list).

EDIT: Yes accidentally ignoring the checkbox completely! will fix.
--[ Phil ]--
maxoku
Committed

Post by maxoku »

phil wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:56 pmNothing chosen is the same as unticked... Not particually strange... just the way list boxes work when nothing in the list is selected... (nothing is NOT in the list).
I'm just saying that if there were an empty option I could just choose it and issue would be fixed. :lol:

And how did you appear here so fast? :lol: When you answered I've added something:
maxoku wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:47 pmBtw 2: It seems to lose ability to recognize if changes has been undone and require to apply changes even if there are none.
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

maxoku wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:47 pmBtw it's strange that by default there's nothing chosen, but if I choose something I can't go back to choose that nothing again. :lol:
As you see in post from 7th page I wanted Phil to make default cursor option so when option is ticked.

I think instead of tickable box the only dropdown menu with first 'Default' colour item would be sufficient.
And the best if you replace dropdown menu with 256 (16 x 16) RGB colours square, or at least 16 (4 x 4) :idea:

If not then current colours could be reffered to 6 RGB, so currently Turquoise would be similar Cyan, while Orange switched by Purple (however orange is quite nice), plus black and white ones. Or else use this bar:

btw. we just crossed 281 posts long (also on 19th pages) XMBC 2.16 Beta thread from two and a half year!

Ps.1 Phil is still very active with XMBC ;) Ps.2 everyday unactive topics are visited by bots. At morning that one had less than 130000 views but now about 50 more :/ I guess they often visit also other old threads :x
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P