XMBC 2.19 Beta

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
phil
Site Admin

Re: XMBC 2.19 Beta

Post by phil »

Here is 2.19 Beta 12...

If you have check for beta versions enabled, you should get notified of a new version and prompted to update in the next day or so. This is the most efficient method (bandwidth wise) as the updates are only a fraction of the size of the full install. Otherwise, you can get the full installation beta HERE. Note that this link will always get you the latest beta version!

NOTE: 2.19 Beta 1 and 2 had an incorrect version number internally and therefore the update check may fail. In this case, please manually install using the link above!

Changes since v2.19 Beta 11:
  • #612 - Fixed issues causing {CTRL}{CTRL}/{SHIFT}{SHIFT} and with {RALT} when clicking {}.
  • #581 - Fixed some issues with cursor icon overlays (semi-invisible & only overlaying arrow).
    Updated button held cursor so the cursor only changes once the first time has expired (optionally).
    Updated chording cursor so the cursor only changes once the chord is active (optionally).
    Changed pointer settings for change cursor button held/chording to tri-state check boxes.
  • - Updated user manual.
There is a new language template file for 2.19 Beta 12 but its only minor changes (to &'s mostly).
I hope this time it really will be the final translation update before release!

NOTE: I'm planning to move to release of 2.19 as there have been a good few changes and fixes. The only items left on the list are biggies. Particularly 596 which I want to do but will require breaking changes to the setting structure (i.e. unable to roll back after upgrading), therefore I think deserve its own dedicated beta. 578 will fit nicely into that once 596 is implemented. The other items not done will also be push to 2.20 beta or later (same old same old - apologies in advance :)).

Any problems, PM me a copy of the log file (or post a snippet in a code block here).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
injtsvetkov
Fanatic

Post by injtsvetkov »

I think it looks perfect! Now you can see the dots on whatever background since they have black border and light filling.

On beta 11 I tried in word and excel where the cursor is not an arrow and there was no points at all. Now on beta 12 there are still no points nor '+' in excel. However there is something strange happening in word. When the cursor is 'vertical line' I see the '+' but for 'button held' I see only the 'first dot', the 'second dot' and the 'two dots', when the time comes to show the 'three dots' - it shows nothing but executes the command. But when I move the cursor to the line which I'm typing at - the cursor changes to 'vertical line with four horizontal lines next to it' and there are no dots nor '+'.
HAMA Mirano
Windows 8.1 x64, Intel i5-3230M @ 2.60GHz, 4GB
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

As I said above, if an applicaiton changes the cursor (ie. does not use one of 16 or so system default cursors) then XMBC can not change/overlay it. XMBC can only modify the system cursors. So I suspect Word/Excel are using their own cursors which XMBC can't change. I would have a look and see if I can see the same - but Im unsure how to get the vertical like cursor you are referring too in word?
--[ Phil ]--
injtsvetkov
Fanatic

Post by injtsvetkov »

Yea, that's ok, but I was wondering about that case where only the 'three dots' are not shown. Could it be because they are different colour :roll:. Let's see if someone else will report something similar in some other program.
Last edited by injtsvetkov on Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HAMA Mirano
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Its possible although I doubt it - I can't seem to trigger the cursor in word that you refer to so I'm struggling to check here - what does the mouse need to be over for this vertical line cursor?
--[ Phil ]--
injtsvetkov
Fanatic

Post by injtsvetkov »

Anywhere on the text/blank space except the line at which the marker is blinking (where you type).
HAMA Mirano
injtsvetkov
Fanatic

Post by injtsvetkov »

I found a minor bug, I have hotkeys for layers: {ALT}1 = layer 1, {ALT}2 = layer 2 .....
When I use that at the end of the SimKeys sequence (to change back to layer 1), very often the 'Alt' remains pressed after the layer has changed.
I replaced it with {layer:1} and there is no problem, but I think you should know that.
HAMA Mirano
maxoku
Committed

Post by maxoku »

While updating I had whole change log from the 1st version again.

{} has been fixed, but I found new thing. If I put {SHIFT} then after it instead of {RALT} will appear {CTRL}. :lol:

Cursor icon overlays seems to work great, but in one case I have it still doesn't work properly. If I have normal click set and then only 2nd stage of held (without 1st) then only a transparent circle appear and stays that way to the button release. If an optional function is set then I don't have anything.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

injtsvetkov wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:36 pm Anywhere on the text/blank space except the line at which the marker is blinking (where you type).
As far as I can see on my Word (2016 or 2019 not 100% sure) the cursors are all custom - so I cant find any that XMBC is able to overlay. Makes it a bit difficult to check to see why your missing the three dots :(.
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

maxoku wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:34 pm While updating I had whole change log from the 1st version again.
Don't understand what you mean? Where did you have it?
maxoku wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:34 pm {} has been fixed, but I found new thing. If I put {SHIFT} then after it instead of {RALT} will appear {CTRL}. :lol:
Your going to have to be a bit clearer... I'm at a loss to decode that! Where are you putting {SHIFT} - typing in manually? Using the {} button? holding shift then clicking the button or holding the button the pressing shift? And why should {RALT} or {CTRL} appear after it? Are you pressing the right alt key? sorry I may be missing something but its just not clear what your trying to say!
maxoku wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:34 pm Cursor icon overlays seems to work great, but in one case I have it still doesn't work properly. If I have normal click set and then only 2nd stage of held (without 1st) then only a transparent circle appear and stays that way to the button release. If an optional function is set then I don't have anything.
Odd - I tested with the second timer disabled - but out of interested, why would you disable the first and use the second?! Seems an odd way to do it!
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

injtsvetkov wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:43 pm I found a minor bug, I have hotkeys for layers: {ALT}1 = layer 1, {ALT}2 = layer 2 .....
When I use that at the end of the SimKeys sequence (to change back to layer 1), very often the 'Alt' remains pressed after the layer has changed.
I replaced it with {layer:1} and there is no problem, but I think you should know that.
Are these global hotkeys? And what simkey method are you using?
I suspect that the layer getting changed has confused the sending of the keys so they have not been released properly. I'm pretty sure there is extra code in there for {LAYER:} such that it ensure that the key is released - I guess that's not happening if the key sequence happens to trigger a global hotkey! Much better to use {layer:} anyway - but I'll see if I can reproduce/fix at some point!
--[ Phil ]--
maxoku
Committed

Post by maxoku »

phil wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:40 pmDon't understand what you mean? Where did you have it?
After clicking check for updates a window with would you like to install a version is shown a change log. Alway change log included from the actual version to that to be update.
Your going to have to be a bit clearer... I'm at a loss to decode that! Where are you putting {SHIFT} - typing in manually? Using the {} button? holding shift then clicking the button or holding the button the pressing shift? And why should {RALT} or {CTRL} appear after it? Are you pressing the right alt key? sorry I may be missing something but its just not clear what your trying to say!
Hold left Shift and press {} to get {SHIFT} and then hold right alt and press {} to get {CTRL} instead of {RALT}. Normally right alt gives {RALT}.
Odd - I tested with the second timer disabled - but out of interested, why would you disable the first and use the second?! Seems an odd way to do it!
I don't remember that, but probably I was testing different solutions and that what I left at the end was set to 2nd stage and I was too lazy to move it to 1st stage so I just disabled the 1st stage. :lol:
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

maxoku wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:51 pm
phil wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:40 pmDon't understand what you mean? Where did you have it?
After clicking check for updates a window with would you like to install a version is shown a change log. Alway change log included from the actual version to that to be update.
That window should and does (AFAIK) always show the full change log file : https://www.highrez.co.uk/downloads/xmb ... ogBeta.txt nothing has changed here the list should always include the full change history - so I'm confused as to what is "wrong".
Hold left Shift and press {} to get {SHIFT} and then hold right alt and press {} to get {CTRL} instead of {RALT}. Normally right alt gives {RALT}.
OK I'm not seeing this here. If I hold shift and hit {} I get {SHIFT} if I then hold right alt and hit {} I get {RALT} - that is what I would expect and that is what I get.
I don't remember that, but probably I was testing different solutions and that what I left at the end was set to 2nd stage and I was too lazy to move it to 1st stage so I just disabled the 1st stage. :lol:
I managed to reproduce this - it will be fixed (although I guess its not going to be common place :)).
--[ Phil ]--
maxoku
Committed

Post by maxoku »

phil wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:08 pmThat window should and does (AFAIK) always show the full change log file : https://www.highrez.co.uk/downloads/xmb ... ogBeta.txt nothing has changed here the list should always include the full change history - so I'm confused as to what is "wrong".
Strange, I don't remember it showing full change history before, only the newest. 🤔
OK I'm not seeing this here. If I hold shift and hit {} I get {SHIFT} if I then hold right alt and hit {} I get {RALT} - that is what I would expect and that is what I get.
Maybe you need a Polish keyboard for that?
Dolmatov
Committed

Post by Dolmatov »

It is strange that no one wrote about an ancient error in the language_template file.
I checked the latest translations 2.19 beta 11 (German, Japanese, polish) and all translations are based on a template file.
Mod_key.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.